For Sale Silver Arcam FMJ P7 Multi-Channel Power Amp

Discussion in 'Archived Classifieds' started by homebaker, Aug 7, 2013.

Tags:
  1. homebaker

homebaker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For sale is my ex-partners Arcam FMJ P7 power amp. Bought new from PJ hi-fi in Guildford in 2002 and has been faultless throughout ownership. It has been little used for the last couple of years.

The amp is in good condition. I have included a thumbnail showing it as it will be sold/sent, in the original box & packaging.

Price is £750 delivered. Payment by bank transfer only. Price is £725 if you would like to collect from South Croydon area.

Paul

I have read the trading rules and agree to abide by them at all times until the transaction is concluded to the satisfaction of all parties involved : Yes.
    --------------------------------------------------
    This message is automatically inserted in all classifieds forum threads.
    By replying to this thread you agree to abide by the trading rules detailed here.
    Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via PM to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:
    1) Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct too!
    2) Name and address including postcode
    3) Valid e-mail address (no disposable addresses such as @gmail or @yahoo for example).

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.
    Also we advise that the vendor post images of the items for sale. This helps your sale by showing the condition of the goods prior to dispatch.

Attached Files:

2. Pete2

Pete2
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Hi homebaker, would you accept £600 collected? This is an impulse as I have not even tested the av receiver I will be using it with yet but I have read good things about this power amp. I know its under your asking price but it is over 10 years old with no warranty so the best I can do.

3. homebaker

homebaker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Pete, thank you for the quick offer, but I am going to pass on £600. I am well aware that the silver models fetch less than the black, and so the asking price was set to reflect both colour and age. The P7 has a great reputation for both sound quality and robust engineering which gives excellent long term performance. Paul

4. Pete2

Pete2
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Can I tempt you with £650? :) that's only £75 off your asking I am really stretching

5. homebaker

homebaker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you could make it £675, collected, then we have a deal. Paul

6. Pete2

Pete2
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Ok as long a its all in perfect working order a demo would be great just to make sure it all works. I think we have a deal let move to pm

7. homebaker

homebaker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Moving to pm

8. Philw101

Philw101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +222
    Thats a great price for a great amp! :) Well done! :)

9. Pete2

Pete2
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Need some help please, would this arcam p7 work well if I use a pioneer sc-lx83 as a preamp so I will use the p7 seven channels of power into the sc-lx83 seven channel preout then then pioneer will just act as a pre amplifier. What I'm hoping to get from this is great sounding music as I know the pioneer will do well for movies so my main concern is music quality, which arcam are know for, can this setup sound as good or even better than the arcam avr600 for music? I know it will be more powerful than the avr600 but does this equate to better sound quality?

Anyone who can help I will greatly appreciate it. The amp is bought I am only looking for some advice now

10. the_dude2

the_dude2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,007
    you should post your question in the receiver or power amp section on the forum. You will get more responses that way :)