• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Silver 50 + Radius R90HT12 for 7.1

Matt wS

Looking to get the Silver 50s along with the Radius R90HT12 package as the 7.1 setup. I assume that these should be a good voicing match as the Radius are based on the older gen Silver drivers? And should work well with the Silver sub supporting the 50s for occasional music. Will be driven by a Denon 4500h.

I really need something small for the sats so they sit close to the side walls. I was originally thinking of the Bronze 6 package with FX for sides and 1s for rears, but both me and the Mrs think the gloss black radius sats look much nicer, and are smaller and less obtrusive for where they will be in our room. Managed to get a deal for the Radius+Silver package for not much more than the Bronze 6 + extra Bronze 1 pair setup.

I plan on going to 7.1.4 with extra power amp* and in-ceiling speakers at a later date when I can devote time to chasing cables and re-decorating... As we only just moved in, this is being frowned upon at the moment. :laugh::rotfl:

* Or get a stereo amp with appropriate inputs to drive the Silvers as power in the movie setup and fully own them for music.

ShanePJ

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
The Radius Speakers with the a Silver Sub is one of the best small packages you can purchase. Yes other manufacturers can create better subs, but if you wish to keep it all from one manufacturer then for a sub/sat system, nothing in my opinion comes close.

Myself, I would simply add another pair of Radius 90's to the system to keep it completely balanced unless you looking to use the Silver 50's as fronts, they would be better than the Radius 90's. If this is the case I would add the Silver Centre at the front and use just use 4 Radius 90's as rear because the Radius 200 will be quite a miss match

Matt wS

Yes. The Silver 50s would be as the front mains so they can also be used for music.

You think the Radius 200 is a bad voice match for the Silvers 50s? I was assuming they would be close given they all use a variant of the ccam drivers and tweeters. Not sure I can push the budget any more for the Silver centre as well.

ShanePJ

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Compared to the Silver Centre, the Radius 200 will sound like its stuck in a smaller box which ultimately it is. Its not saying its bad, but a balanced front end is far more important to an enjoyable system than one which is a miss-match even if the products are from the same manufacture

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom