Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Silly question

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by s9s, Sep 12, 2002.

1. s9s

s9s

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know it is! Here goes, my gf has ntl in here area but in her flat she has not analogue feed through the roof areial (wall socket), she has a areial plugged in the back of the tv, is it possible for her to get a free to view box or otherwise and watch digital tv? As u can see i am really ropey onthis subject.

Thanks in advance.

2. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If I understood your post correctly, your girlfriend doesn't have an external aerial. If so, she could try using an DTTV free-to-view box with an indoor aerial like this one from Argos:

[​IMG]
    http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/comme...enbr=6970&type=big&thisMode=ols&cgrfnbr=74874

I've never used one, but it claims to be compatible with digital TV so if it doesn't work, then I guess you could take it back to Argos for a refund.

It is a good idea to also check your girlfriend's postcode to see what the digital reception is predicted to be. You can do this online at: http://www.dtg.org.uk/retailer/coverage.html

3. s9s

s9s

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ta very much squirral god, will give it a try in the near future and let you know if it works.

4. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers - I'd be interested to know if it works :)

5. cow

cow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    s9s

I have a free to view box and recently tried moving the box from it's normal downstairs location with external aerial feed.

I have very good reception both analogue and digital.

At the new location the DTT box was connected to a portable and I used the normal portable loop aerial as the feed source.

The picture was perfect, no break-up at all. If you are able to receive DTT signals at your location (try the postcode check as suggested) then the quality of your analogue signal might give you a rough indication of potential success.

I have very good reception, so I think that made the use of the loop aerial viable for me.

Good Luck :)

regards
    cow

6. s9s

s9s

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The general analogue reception is poor, so i may get her an areial as suggested by SG or some other amplified but i will try with the loop areialk first, i soehow never though it would be possible but now i know it is. Thnaks