1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silly Question No.2 Boosters?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by DirkGently, Jul 5, 2004.

1. DirkGently

DirkGently
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My TV reception is quite poor, and my 2nd silly question of the evening is :-
    If I purchase a booster, would there be any advantage to getting a 4-way booster and a running seperate cables to the TV, VCR and Twin FreeView box rather than looping through each in turn?
    --
    Gary

2. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You are much better to have the booster put on near the aeriel as this is where the signal is clean. The boosters near the digibox etc would just amplify the noise that has already entered the signal.
    Options are: New aeriel, replacing cable from aeriel to sat cable at minimum, and adding booster at mast. You could try using a well screened cable to the equipment aswell again minimum of sat cable!

3. DirkGently

DirkGently
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply, I am limited to what I can do as I am in a rented flat, I have changed the aerial to a WideBand one because the old one would pick up nothing, I actually recieve most of the Freeview channels OK, with the exception being BBC4 and several of the BBC Radio stations, which I can't get hardly anything on, although saying that my old Freeview box (Sony VTX-D800) picked up all channels reasonably well, but now I have a Thomson DHD4000 it seems to get a much weaker signal, it also seems to affect the quality of my normal analogue signal quite badly, which is why I was thinking of running direct to the TV/Video and bypassing the two input's/outputs on the Thomson.