Silly question from a silly boy

I have a Samsung UE40KU6400u purchased in Feb 2017.
When I purchased it, I avidly read the thread on this site and noted the picture settings as recommended and set it up accordingly. I had the foresight to write down the picture settings.
Recently I have felt the picture quality was not as good as in the past and tweeked it to my taste, but it still felt weak. In a moment of madness I decided to start from scratch and hit the factory reset setting- oh silly boy.
I was able to restore my original picture settings from my piece of paper and am relatively happy with how it now looks.
My problem is with the sound. In the past I found that a volume setting of about 30-40 on Freeview and about 50 through my Sky+ box was about right. Now I find that with the factory settings in place I have to increase the volume setting to 85+ to make it audible on Sky.
I appreciate there has always been a problem with sound via a Sky box, but with the same equipment as before, it appears my problem must be down to the sound settings on my tv.
Can anyone give me an idea what I should change on my sound settings to remedy matters.
The sound settings currently are as follows:-
Select speaker - tv speaker
Sound Mode - Standard
Any help on the Expert Settings would be gratefully appreciated and I promise not to hit the reset button again.

Have solved the problem myself. A search of the Expert Settings showed that the Auto Volume setting was set to Off. Changed it to Normal - volume levels back to where they were. Sorry to have wasted everyone's time.

simonlewis

Glad you got it sorted. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom