1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silly question for you

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Salty Seadog, Jan 4, 2005.

1. Salty Seadog

Salty Seadog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This may be a silly question but what do I use to clean a dirty mark from my Draper manual screen :lease:

2. Timmy C

Timmy C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +200
    I don't know what Draper recommend but I know Da-lite suggest mild soapy water for cleaning their screens. I made the mistake of using a cloth with kitchen surface cleaner to remove a nasty mark on my screen but it also removed some of the screen coating which you really don't want to do!

3. Zone

Zone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,141
    Draper recommend the same, cleaning the surface with a solution of mild dishwashing liquid diluted with warm water. Sponge the surface, rinse with clear water and blot dry. Do not use cleaning solvents or abrasives.

Edited to add the above is dependant on screen material so check Drapers site here first just in case, under each type of screen fabric is a care and maintenance faq.

4. Salty Seadog

Salty Seadog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you both for the helpful advice and I’m relieved that I didn’t get the pledge and scouring pad on it (almost did) :clown: