• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

silly question - does the JVC37DS6 have a glossy black frame?

richard plumb

Distinguished Member
I saw the 32 in comet today and it had a matt/satin finish. Looked OK, but I'm sure the 37 I saw in another shop had a glossy piano black frame.

Can someone reassure me?

richard plumb

Distinguished Member
oh, and is the 'FJ' model the same as the 'BJ' model, except for the free floor stand? The one is comet had the floor stand

GaryB

Distinguished Member
They all have a gloss black surround. The sets come with protective tape on the frame to protect it from damage. You are supposed to peel this off when the set is installed. My guess is that the staff in Comet didn't notice this and put it on display with the tape still on.

richard plumb

Distinguished Member
GaryB said:
They all have a gloss black surround. The sets come with protective tape on the frame to protect it from damage. You are supposed to peel this off when the set is installed. My guess is that the staff in Comet didn't notice this and put it on display with the tape still on.

Hmm. I wondered that, but spent a couple of minutes picking at the frame just in case :)

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom