Silly question about the PSP

azzo

Established Member
Reaction score
This may seem obvious , but is there a pause or standby button,
so for instance you could watch a movie, or play a game and at any point
switch the machine into a power save mode and resume when you can.
azzo

there is a pause button for films. or you can just push the power switch to turn into standby mode. when turned back on game will be where you left it.

** Clap hands **
Does pushing the power switch work for movies too. i.e. resume when you switch back on.
azzo

For UMD movies, I don't know, but I know if you go to standby, the film does turn off but if you select the same file again, it should pick up where you left off.

azzo said:
** Clap hands **
Does pushing the power switch work for movies too. i.e. resume when you switch back on.
azzo

YES - I think. The sleep mode will put the PSP to sleep and will resume at the same place, be it a movie, game or www :D

Its an excellent function, but uses up power

mattrixdesign2 said:
YES - I think. The sleep mode will put the PSP to sleep and will resume at the same place, be it a movie, game or www :D

Its an excellent function, but uses up power

Actually, reviews on IGN put the sleep mode function in as using hardly any battery at all.

Moogrose said:
Actually, reviews on IGN put the sleep mode function in as using hardly any battery at all.

agreed, but it does use a little extra... :D

sleep modes works with most games (wipeout has issues) and with umds it resumes play though not as instantaneous as with a game (probably searching for the point on the disc).

The Start button also pauses games, like on a console control pad.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom