Silly question about the PSP

azzo

Novice Member
This may seem obvious , but is there a pause or standby button,
so for instance you could watch a movie, or play a game and at any point
switch the machine into a power save mode and resume when you can.
azzo

Baron Von Doom

there is a pause button for films. or you can just push the power switch to turn into standby mode. when turned back on game will be where you left it.

azzo

Novice Member
** Clap hands **
Does pushing the power switch work for movies too. i.e. resume when you switch back on.
azzo

chrislad

For UMD movies, I don't know, but I know if you go to standby, the film does turn off but if you select the same file again, it should pick up where you left off.

figoagogo

azzo said:
** Clap hands **
Does pushing the power switch work for movies too. i.e. resume when you switch back on.
azzo
YES - I think. The sleep mode will put the PSP to sleep and will resume at the same place, be it a movie, game or www :D

Its an excellent function, but uses up power

Moogrose

Standard Member
mattrixdesign2 said:
YES - I think. The sleep mode will put the PSP to sleep and will resume at the same place, be it a movie, game or www :D

Its an excellent function, but uses up power
Actually, reviews on IGN put the sleep mode function in as using hardly any battery at all.

figoagogo

Moogrose said:
Actually, reviews on IGN put the sleep mode function in as using hardly any battery at all.
agreed, but it does use a little extra... :D

drskhaled

Novice Member
sleep modes works with most games (wipeout has issues) and with umds it resumes play though not as instantaneous as with a game (probably searching for the point on the disc).

h0l1yw0od

The Start button also pauses games, like on a console control pad.