1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silly newb problem

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by simg, Jun 18, 2005.

1. simg

simg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi im probably just missing something really obvious, Ive connected up my pio dv-575A via component to my pv500 and everyones said u will have improved picture quality if I put my sky+ through the dvd player aswell. I have 1 problem though, I cant get it 2 work :suicide: there is only 1 scart socket on back of pio and when ive plugged it in there nothing happens, what am I doing wrong? I get the feeling its something simplw and im going to kick myself when I find out! any help would be great, thanx in advance :rotfl: :rotfl:

2. Korum

Korum

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +652
    The scart on the 575 is output only so there is no way to feed sky+ through it.

Just connect sky+ to one of the RGB scarts on the PV500, it's much more convenient than running it through something else, just make sure you use a good quality scart lead and have the digibox set to RGB and 16:9.

You're not going to be able to improve pq on sky anyway as it's just not very good to begin with on 90% of the channels.BBC channels seem to be very bad at the mo with noise all over the image.

3. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    to add to that, people suggest this when you have a DVD recorder, which has a scart input, which it then upscales to component and outputs it through that, but it rarely improves PQ.