Silly HS20 question....

docfeelgood

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi.

.... are you supposed to remove the 'lens hood' (the plastic transparent protector that covers the lens) for optimal viewing.

Mine is still taped on (as it came out of the box).

The only reason I ask is that the manual hardly mentions it (typical), but all of the pictures of the PJ in the manual seem to be with it removed.

I thought it was to be left on at all times as it seems more like a dust protector and not a lens-cap. Thought the manual would confirm this..... should've known better :thumbsdow

The only time it is mentioned is on page 8, when it is describing the installation of the conversion lens.

What are other HS10/HS20 owners doing ?

best regards
:)

Doc

It's designed to be left in place during operation. It's basically just a dust guard/protector.

Having said that, I leave mine off as it causes reflections when used with a CC40R filter.

:smoke:

I leave my lens hood on my HS10. I thought the projector wouldn't fire up without it?

Hope this helps

Rob

It starts up just fine without it. The lamp cover & air filter covers are fitted with microswitches though.

Originally posted by Kramer
It's designed to be left in place during operation. It's basically just a dust guard/protector.

Having said that, I leave mine off as it causes reflections when used with a CC40R filter.

Kramer

have you taped your old CC40R filter (the one you showe me last Feb) to the lense or did you get a new filter to screw onto the lense? If so is there any danger of the filter warping as a result of excessive heat?

Thanks

Conor

I took mine off briefly to see if there was any degradation in picture quality due to the cover (I didn't notice any). I did notice that airborne dust appeared to be being sucked into the pj via this new hole. If this area of the pj is under -ve pressure, then keep the cover on.

Cheers Graham

Conor,

I got one from SRB shortly after that (was it that long ago?). Screw on jobbie.

Yes, the heat does effect it (plastic/resin filter) but not to a great degree. Would prefer a good glass filter but they're crazy money :(

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom