• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Silient PSU Advice for HTPC

Toff128

Standard Member
Hi, I have built an HTPC that’s situated in my living room stacked with my other AV devices. The case I have is the Thermaltake IP Mozart which I really like but when I assembling the PC I used a cheap 600w PSU from an old case which I find really noisy, even when watching TV. I have a Gigabyte AMD770 motherboard, ATI Radeon 4650 graphics card and 3 1tb drives possibly more in the near future powered inside the case. My PC mostly gets used for downloading and either watching video or acting as a media server to other devoices throughout the home, with also surfing and other normal PC tasks.

Can anyone recommend a quality silent running PSU that’ll do the job for hopefully no more that the £50-£60 mark ?

Thanks

andy1249

Distinguished Member
Heres one within your price range ,

Rasurbo EAP Eco and Power Quiet PSUs

What you should be looking for in general is a PSU with a 120mm fan and a noise level around the 16db or 17db mark.

There are many more PSU's on that site , but they cost a bit more , thats the cheapest one they have.
The site specializes in quiet components , so if you like , use it to get some brand names and model numbers , then shop around and see if you can get the model cheaper somewhere else. I doubt the site is the most cost conscious.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom