Silentgliss curtain rail automation

danny1207

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I bought a Silentgliss automated curtain rail before Christmas and installed it but with all the fuss of Chrimbo I have not had chance to integrate it with anything. I thought when I bought it that there would be an easy ish interface for me to connect to. The woman on the phone from where I bought it from did not have a clue so I just presumed that all would be OK and there would be a connection diagram with the kit. However, there are 2 what look like rj45 sockets on the bottom marked up A & B but no connection diagram anywhere on the net and Silentgliss not showing me any signs of response.

Has anyone butchered one and got anything working?

Many thanks.

Danny

Hi all,

I bought a Silentgliss automated curtain rail before Christmas and installed it but with all the fuss of Chrimbo I have not had chance to integrate it with anything. I thought when I bought it that there would be an easy ish interface for me to connect to. The woman on the phone from where I bought it from did not have a clue so I just presumed that all would be OK and there would be a connection diagram with the kit. However, there are 2 what look like rj45 sockets on the bottom marked up A & B but no connection diagram anywhere on the net and Silentgliss not showing me any signs of response.

Has anyone butchered one and got anything working?

Many thanks.

Danny

Depending which model you have, this link has the page for the 'autoglide' range (you can go up a level to find other ranges). On this page is the link to download the manual, which shows you all of the different connection options, which use the A or B connectors you mention.

Silent Gliss Great Britain >  Products >  Electric Curtain Track Systems

Could you let me know if it is possible to get either Harmony Hub or Alexa (Amazon Dot) to control these curtains as I'm searching for a suitable electric track that will allow this?

As the remote control is IR you should be able to use Harmony and therefore Alexa to control the curtain. You would just need Harmony to learn the IR commands name them something sensible.

Add Harmony as a skill to Amazon Dot
then say for example "Alexa ask Harmony to close the bedroom curtains"

Hi,

Thanks for replying, however, I have looked at the manuals in question and they don't give me pin outs for the A&B connections.

I have emailed the company and got this response:

Hi Danny,

Thank you for your email, if you are referring to the outputs on the new 5100 motor we are sorry but we do not provide this information as we are not recommending use of these ports.

If you would like to discuss this further then please contact our technical supervisor Mark Ellis.

Many Thanks,

Donna Cleaver
Sales Co-Ordinator

I will contact the guy and see what he has to say. If no good I will get the old test meter out and have a go myself. I am looking at interfacing with lightwaverf and then Alexa after that.

Cheers

Right,

Contacted their technical help line and they tell me that the A&B connections are for plugging in a switch and a timer so they don't give out the connections. The rail that they market for home automation is another (no doubt more expensive) model.

I will have a poke about and get back my findings.

As the remote control is IR you should be able to use Harmony and therefore Alexa to control the curtain. You would just need Harmony to learn the IR commands name them something sensible.

Add Harmony as a skill to Amazon Dot
then say for example "Alexa ask Harmony to close the bedroom curtains"

I'd have to make sure that the IR sensors are 'visible' by the remote which might be difficult as they will be mounted inside a pelment with only the curtains themselves visible. I am planning on using the IR repeaters that come with the Hub (which is outside the room), then running them into the living room and positioning them so that they 'aim' in the right direction. Otherwise I find that other users tend to 'wave' the remote around and some IR items then get out of sync with the activity.

RF seems to be a more foolproof way of triggering things, but perhaps combined with the repeaters and your suggestion it may well all work. Thanks. :smashin:

RF is a lot trickier as so many standards and frequencies.

Harmony certainly wont work with it as only IR or IP control

RF is a lot trickier as so many standards and frequencies.

Harmony certainly wont work with it as only IR or IP control

I meant more in terms of the remote connecting to the Hub as it then doesn't matter if the remote isn't aimed at the device, I can ensure that the IR repeaters are though. (It just makes my life easier instead of getting 'why doesn't the remote work properly?' questions...).

Hi Guys,

Did anyone have any success with this?

I also have the new Silent Gliss rail and I'm looking to do the same. I understand the pin outs for the previous older models were available online so it had been worked out on the older models.

Hi Guys,

Did anyone have any success with this?

I also have the new Silent Gliss rail and I'm looking to do the same. I understand the pin outs for the previous older models were available online so it had been worked out on the older models.
I have not had chance to look at it yet but as soon as I do I will put it on here. Do you know the model number of the old track? I can see if it is the same as that one.

Cheers

Hi,

I believe we both have the new Silent Gliss 5100 model.

Before this, the former model was called the 5090. There are a few threads around the net of people installing relays on these models to get further integration. I spoke to a Silent Gliss reseller, who said he had carried it out on the 5090 but was yet to try on the 5100.

Even he said that the head office wouldn't disclose the diagram of the 5100 to him.

Anyway...I've found links like this on the 5090 but nothing really that clear that I've been able to understand.

http://www.discountelectriccurtains.co.uk/downloads/silent gliss autoglide wiring diagram.pdf

Electrical wiring (silent gliss curtains with Vitrum switch)

Did anyone work out whether the 5100 motor has the same pinout as the 5090?

I've been trying work out how to control my 5100 via RF for some time with no success. I bought a Broadlink RM Pro which has the ability to learn codes and that doesn't work.

I also have the previous 5090 system with infrared and button control but the sockets are different (4pin on 5090, 6pin on 5100)

I have some documentation on the 6pin port. It appears there are 2 possible configurations. Either pin2 is common with pin3 as close and pin5 as open, or pin4 is common with pin3 as close and pin1 as open. ie. closing the contact between the relevant pins make the motor turn clockwise or anti-clockwise.

Hi,

So do you think on that basis, it could be used in conjunction with a light wave RF relay? Could then get some automation with Amazon Echo.

No, the LightwaveRF relay is inline and also you would need 2 relays. I'm looking at using something like a NodeMCU board or Pi together with a multi channel 5V relay board like this so that both boards can be powered from the same power supply

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
I'm also researching motorised curtains. Has anyone found curtains that are 'easily' Alexa or HomeKit compatible? I like the sound of these curtains but they look like they're a year or two behind the times for consumer level home automation.

I have some documentation on the 6pin port. It appears there are 2 possible configurations. Either pin2 is common with pin3 as close and pin5 as open, or pin4 is common with pin3 as close and pin1 as open. ie. closing the contact between the relevant pins make the motor turn clockwise or anti-clockwise.

Any chance of sharing that documentation? Did it come form somewhere reliable?

Thanks.

Sorry, I missed your request. I didn't get an email notification.
upload_2017-8-24_15-49-59.png

Hi Chaps

Im in the same boat. I am considering a 5100(x) but cant believe it is so much hassle connecting to alexa. Can the controls such as the wall button not be hacked or do we know if the Radio Remote Tech can be emulated by another product.

Good info, AngarMgmt.

Has anyone actually tried using those connections to control the rail?

Has anyone actually tried using those connections to control the rail?

I've used the wiring diagrams to connect a relay board. I now have control of opening and closing via my home automation system

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom