Silent Hill reboot, Japan Studio. PS5 exclusive?

zt1903

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I cant see konami just letting sony use there IP and if they are paying konami a percentage to use it that money could be better used making your own IP

I cant see konami just letting sony use there IP and if they are paying konami a percentage to use it that money could be better used making your own IP

Well, if true, it really depends on the commercials of the deal. Konami certainly aren’t in a position to do very much with their ip other than pachinko machines. The suggestion is that a Silent Hill film, in addition to the two games, is part of the deal between Sony and Konami.

There is also strong rumour of a further deal involving a Metal Gear movie and the related ip.

It honestly wouldn’t surprise me if Sony just bought Konami.

I cant see them buying konami they are a massive company

maybe they could buy the IP but most likely just paying konami a percentage to use it

I cant see them buying konami they are a massive company

maybe they could buy the IP but most likely just paying konami a percentage to use it

Konami has a market cap of circa $4bn (which would be doable if Sony wanted) but the majority of their revenue, and the company’s focus, is mobile gaming and gambling. It really wouldn’t surprise me if they were open to offers for a business they don't seem to care about.

I was pretty pissed, but sure I saw something confirming this last night on Twitter... I’ll see if I can find it.

Could be nothing...

More about it here. Rumours of a SH2 remake and that numerous games are in the works. Guess we'll find out on Wednesday.

1665978466716.png

I never got into this franchise but going on the recent Konami games releases I hope for the fans sake they don't make it.

Oh, Konami is involved. I'm calling it now -

Bloober Team's game The Medium is available now in the Extra Game Catalogue, I haven't tried it yet but it reviewed OK if memory serves.

Bloober Team's game The Medium is available now in the Extra Game Catalogue, I haven't tried it yet but it reviewed OK if memory serves.

I completed it on XB last year. Medium by name........😬

I never played silent hill 2 so this probably the only remake done so far where i wont know how it compares to the original

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom