• 10972067-1403179277-194828.jpg
    10972067-1403179277-194828.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 98
  • 10972067-1403179277-194770.jpg
    10972067-1403179277-194770.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Doesn't beat the steelbook design of revelation, I know it's a different film, but I won't be going in for futurepaks anyway.

MUST... NOT... STRAY!

Humm, I've got a steelbook edition DVD from Germany that I adore. Might just find a cheap blu-ray and swap the discs. I heard the French edition Blu-ray is the best to get and what the director is happy with?

I like this! And I don't mind futurepacks at all, Just got all the x-men one's

I may have to get this, it's a really nice futurepak.

i have asoft spot for this film but not sure about futurepaks i have this on amaray blu-ray so not sure of double dipping either

I love the look of the packaging and I really enjoyed this movie so I've pre-ordered! I have it on DVD but I'll give that to my brother, he get's all my hand-me-downs lol!

Are zavvi switching to Futurepaks?? or just releasing a few

Yes only get a release of a classic i like and will watch again and again,no more collecting just because it says limited edition lol..a lot of my collection is going in the classifieds

my god im even humming and ahhing over some steelbooks that are £7.99 :D

I think my steelbook days are gone aswell i just see so many now and it has destroyed the love of collecting the odd gem that was released only on Play.com

(remember those days when Steelbooks were £9.99 and not £19.99 from Zavvi ??????)

I have better things to spend my money on nowadays like a WII U console for my Son and a PS4 for Crimbo for me.

Why should i buy films that i already have on dvd that i never bloody watch anyway :censored:

I remember when they used to release maybe 2 a month and only special ones, not 5 or 6 a week for any film going, I think the foreign market is much better quality wise, but very expensive, too much for me anyway

I remember when they used to release maybe 2 a month and only special ones, not 5 or 6 a week for any film going, I think the foreign market is much better quality wise, but very expensive, too much for me anyway

I worked out this for example i pre-ordered the whole Indiana Jones steelbook colelction and all for come to just under £60 now i have the dvd box set on my shelf and i know i have not watched them for a few years so it would be a waste of time buying them all over again for the steelbooks to just sit on a shelf aswell.

Not to mention the Stress of worrying about my Zavvi steelbooks arriving damaged due to poor packaging i just can't be doing with it. If anything i willbe buying blu-ray box sets. They are cheaper and less likely to arrive with a dent in them and they have the same disc inside anyway

Each year more steelbooks have been released than the one before.

Last year had over 160...we have almost that already announced this year and not including these things or the fact its only june!

If next year beats it again, we will be looking at 250 releases I reckon, thats about 5 per week.....every week.

I preferred the dvd steelbook pace, the odd wave sure but it was usually 2 or 3 per month.

I am thinking of the future there are already 4k tv's and the production of 4K quality blu-rays are also coming out so ordinary Blu-rays will be outdated in a years to come it's never ending

I am thinking of the future there are already 4k tv's and the production of 4K quality blu-rays are also coming out so ordinary Blu-rays will be outdated in a years to come it's never ending

Hardly anyone will ever buy a 4ktv though, most dont even want an hd one or 3d. Blurays are still not as big sellers as dvd so 4k blurays wont be big business. Plus they dont need a seperate machine and have no extras.

4k blurays are the superbit version if blurays. The future isnt 4k, its digital only :(

Hardly anyone will ever buy a 4ktv though, most dont even want an hd one or 3d. Blurays are still not as big sellers as dvd so 4k blurays wont be big business. Plus they dont need a seperate machine and have no extras.

4k blurays are the superbit version if blurays. The future isnt 4k, its digital only :(

Have you seen the new samsung UHD Curved 4K TV ? :eek:

It is amazing and i will wait for them to drop to just over £1000 then im buying. Thats why im glad i only have around 40 steelbooks so when 4k will be more popular i will buy those. At the moment though it is an expensive technology same as Blu-ray players and HD TV's were when they first came out.

Oh dear we are going :offtopic:

Back to Silent Hill Great film :D

oops yeah, I remember buying the dvd steelbook waaaay back, got it on fleabay for £30 as it was an in store exclusive to virgin (only dvd steelbook released this way) I lived nowhere near one.

Really wish I didn't pay so much!

just for a quick thought with 4k Blu-ray players already for sale i wonder if they will upscale the existing Blu-ray discs to a better quality the same as most blu-ray players now upscale dvd's ??

Just a thought ;)

Last edited:
As I was collecting blu-ray anyway (amarays) because of HD technology I opted to start collecting steelbooks based on the artwork. I've never really strayed from anything other than amaray to steelbook. I never bought DVD steelbooks and only bought DVDS when they were cheap (back then my job wasn't as good as it is now). So for me, this is really the only thing that I've been passionate about collecting, and it really is because of the artwork. Sure, I gotta like the film too, with the odd blind buy here and there, but I've pretty much purchased a lot of my amarays over again in steelbook form just for the artwork (and a better quality case of course).

In years to come I already know my steelbooks will either go in the bin or be flogged cheap on some car boot. The fact that I'm right in the middle of collecting now doesn't allow me to sell them on eBay or wherever, and compared to a lot of people, I'm still a fairly new collector. As I say, I never purchased one
DVD steelbook. Oh how times have changed, ay? :facepalm:

As far as TVs go, I still don't own a 3DTV and a few of my steelbooks are 3D themselves. I don't really rate 3D for home viewing, only for a huge experience like the cinema, and even then I'm picky about which films.
Will I get one? Sure, and it might be fairly soon as prices are dropping all the time. Will I get 4K? Probably, but that won't be for a good number of years yet because of prices. We are always behind the times because technology is ever changing.

I need a new PC ... can never decide on specs
I need to start buying games for my PS4 ... too expensive at £50 a pop
I need a new TV ... "WANT" or "NEED?"... The former in reality!

I'm always behind with technology purely because I'm not a millionaire but if I really really wanted to I would get myself an ARGOS card and blow a wad of money on this stuff, but I simply cannot justify it.

Right now my dollar is this bubble I cannot burst called steelbooks!

Its madness.

Are zavvi switching to Futurepaks?? or just releasing a few

Zavvi are yet to release any exclusive Futurepaks. I would say that it is Fox who are switching to Futurepaks, every other studio in the UK seems to be sticking with Steelbooks for the time being.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom