• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Silent 360 - At last

Mr Eddy

Standard Member
It took a day armed with chimney sweep gear to feed cables under floors but it was all worth it.

360 now in under stair cupboard and linked with 10m hdmi, toslink and network. Surprisingly the controller works fine from the lounge although it has to go through two doors. Playing movies now a joy and not a sound when playing music from PC either.

The product really is different when silent.

mark1000

Distinguished Member
It took a day armed with chimney sweep gear to feed cables under floors but it was all worth it.

360 now in under stair cupboard and linked with 10m hdmi, toslink and network. Surprisingly the controller works fine from the lounge although it has to go through two doors. Playing movies now a joy and not a sound when playing music from PC either.

Where are the pics. :)

Mark.

Mr Eddy

Standard Member
Where are the pics

I daren't have a photo record. Wife away for a few days. To achieve the desired job meant taking up newly fitted carpet and three floorboards. Best she never sees a visual record.

Had she known I would not be able to even start. Having said that she is very keen on a no wire or lead lounge. Something that has been achieved.

Now the hovering is finished no sign of disturbance. Plasma on wall with all cable fed under floor and then behind cavity in chimney brest.

Algoz

I daren't have a photo record. Wife away for a few days. To achieve the desired job meant taking up newly fitted carpet and three floorboards. Best she never sees a visual record.

Had she known I would not be able to even start. Having said that she is very keen on a no wire or lead lounge. Something that has been achieved.

Now the hovering is finished no sign of disturbance. Plasma on wall with all cable fed under floor and then behind cavity in chimney brest.

LOL - she won't even know!

Clarky31

Standard Member
Until she notices your playing your xbox when it isn't in the same room and aren't you afraid of the 360 overheating under there.

Mr Eddy

Standard Member
Em.....got to admit the cupboard was getting warm. That thing really does throw out heat. What a terrible design.

May have to resort to leaving the door ajar. Still can't hear from lounge.

Creamstick

I did something similar - 360 in an alcove built into a walk-in closet, cales run through to the TV/amp/router. Totally silent gaming/HDDVD watching! A couple of weeks ago, I moved it back into the living room and was instantly reminded of just how loud it was, even louder than normal while playing GTAIV, so today, it went back into hiding - once again, silence.. fantastic!

Only problem is, the Media Remote doesn't work through walls/doors/etc., but hey.. it's a small price to pay!

Mr-Bananas

I drilled a hole through the wall, bought a 5M HDMI cable and put my 360 in a kitchen cupboard.

Can't hear a thing now, it makes the whole 360 experience so much better.

Stinja

Distinguished Member
Well they do say years of using jackhammers can be bad for you hearing... or were you roadie in a rock band? ;)

saibot

I've mine upstairs, did a simlar job fed cables under floors through walls. Always best when the wife's not around :D

Handy aswell you can remote turn on/off the 360 with the pad, however still no option for having to go out of the room to change the disc.

Mr Eddy

Standard Member
Anyone tested just how far a wireless remote can reliably operate a 360?

Mine is about 20ft away and through two doors. Works fine.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom