1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sikth-Live in Newcastle.

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by karkus30, Nov 5, 2003.

1. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    @@##***!!!

What a gig, upstairs at the uni (whoa, not been up there before, you sure its up here, looks very, very small ? Yep thats it, theres some drums and amps set up on that toilet :eek: ).

First up, a Newcastle band, Uglyhead (the other band were delayed by the time old "broken down transit excuse). Uglyhead were fantastic, never heard anything by them, but you could headbang away to it , no problem, suddenly realised theres a whole Geordie rock scene waiting to be explored.

Sikth walked around the crowd for 20 minutes saying hello to everyone, signing everything from CD covers to tee shirts, before giving a friendly "Catch you later , dude" to a couple of fans and bouncing on to the stage.

Lead singer looks like Bob Marley, with dreds (or hair extensions) and a beard, obviously did'nt indulge in the same chemicals as Marley as his performance was anything but layed back!

The audience went mad, there was no where to go, you were in the 'pit' no matter what :clap: they played most of the full album, leaving out the cover of Tupelo and the Ballady track (thank god) and added some older material and a cover of a Iron Maiden song?? (corrections welcome).

The gig felt like the start of a new era for British music, almost as if they have taken the reigns from the older prog. dinosaurs, fused them with metal and punk and propelled them in the direction they should have gone before the super groups became flat and bloated.

My only negative for the night was the sound quality and it looked like the band were pretty unhappy about it, so its probably not typical. What the sound lacked, they made up for by rocking hard. Great stuff.

They are playing at Londons Astoria as support for Machine Head, then around the country Nottingham, Glasgow etc. Thats definitely a night for ear plugs :laugh: Catch em while you can.

2. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Playing at my local on Saturday with support from Hondo Maclean and Burnt.

Will be taking my CD with me then, see if they'll sign it if they're mingling beforehand!

3. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    I didnt even think about it :( still , maybe Im too old for that :zonked: on second thought I bought the tee shirt :rolleyes: :D

They were mingling for ages, to be honest I had no idea what they looked like, they were just talking to a couple of guys next to me and I wondered what was going on with the CD inner sleeves :rolleyes: doh!

Hope the sounds good at your gig...........oh yeah and wear some body armour dude.................in a Bill and Ted stylee:smashin:

4. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Cool.... T-shirts!

5. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    Im trying to gauge that comment...............

as in cool :cool:

in which case the Sikth T shirts are cool or all T shirts are cool or its cool that they have T shirts

or cool :rolleyes:

ambiguity, gets me every time or maybe Im just Paranoid :rolleyes:

6. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Yup!

7. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned