Siklver c150 v w250 in wall

the mozza

Established Member
Reaction score
I currently have the c150 with matching 200 fronts and 50 rear.
I'm building a false chimney and rather than make an internal shelf for the c150 it would be easier to use in wall centre speaker. But the question is will I be dissapointed with the sound of the w250?

It´s not Silver level speaker so feels bit of downgrade to me. Hope you can find way to use the C150..

Hi gasp3621 , while I have your attention the Mrs wants a gas fire and not electric which means I have to turn the room round and there is no room for the 50's so I need wall Mounted slim speakers, is the sound frame 2 the best option

Hi gasp3621 , while I have your attention the Mrs wants a gas fire and not electric which means I have to turn the room round and there is no room for the 50's so I need wall Mounted slim speakers, is the sound frame 2 the best option

That´s a expensive option and i`m not sure do you need such large surround channels as those are often used in front wall as main channels.

Sound Frame SF3 would be likely fine, but you need to think the placement carefully as you can`t angle them. Would they go on side walls directly each side of listeners?

Yes they would, have to fit behind a door so can't be any deeper. On getting close to talking her into electric and not gas fire which mean I don't have to swap speakers

Take a look at the WSS speakers from MA.
They're the super slim in-walls (as opposed to the W150).

The larger units also have ribbon tweeters :)

It can be rotated based on speaker position - it'd be a good option for a centre speaker above a fireplace.

Skope-195R-Inset-with-Log-Pebble-fuel-effects-mi.jpg

We have something like the above with an in-wall LCR between the fire and the TV.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom