Signs you are playing against an 'annoying person' on Fifa

Forzafan

i've played many games now and although 80% of my games are pleasurable with like-minded decent people there are those odd few who are like mourinho - lack class and win at all costs with as much gamesmanship as possible. There are little things which annoy me personally and instantly make me take a dislike to the player (regardless of result). Not a definitive list just off the top of my head:

• their clubs ball colour is not white (red/black or yellow/black especially difficult for me to see)
  • they have learnt the skill moves
  • they have UT players who are special ones (black, blue etc) - might be a bit harsh with this admittedly
  • they 'tug' you at every opportunity especially when running free. game allows them to get away with it far too often
  • watching full replays and/or constantly pausing it for no reason
  • give up when you are not even thrashing them
  • score exactly the same type of goal at least 3 times in 1 match
  • they have agemang in their team. no ones heard of him really but everyone has him he's like a 'cheat' option!
  • playing crap players just because of their pace attribute. Nani is an obvious one that springs to mind.
any others you'd like to get off your chest?

Se777eN

Distinguished Member
I built a silver team and gave up with it as the amount of time i was getting put up v german slag teams and many others.

featherhall

Distinguished Member
The pausing all the time and watching every replay and waiting for longest time to goal kick etc does my head in.
Other one is that if for instance I take a 2 or 3 goal lead they will just not play any more and your forced to wait until the end of time.
Too many are like this now

featherhall

Distinguished Member
To be honest I have reported a couple on Live for unsporting behaviour. Quitting doesn't bother me so much but the above in my list is below the belt, as is calling me all sorts over LIVE

PU6HY

Distinguished Member
Passing around at 1000mph (not realistic at all).
Constant chipped through balls. Boring!!!
Watching every replay (even watching one for a crap goal).
Making subs when 3 up with minutes to go (what is the point?).
Pausing 3 times on a trot when losing. Infuriating but I'll wait as it prob annoys them that I haven't quit.
Scoring when you've obviously thought you were pressing skip at a goal kick. Skip needs to be a different button. I turn away from goal as I'd rather earn mine. If they mess a pass up 5 seconds after the replay then that's their mistake and you've out thought them but if it's a millisecond after the game comes back on then you are just a ****** for scoring.

This isn't the players fault but headers from corners need looking at by EA. Way to overpowered for my liking.

That's all I can think if right now.

grantb47

The kick off scoring glitch is really frustrating, especially after every kick off. Also taking a pop at goal at every opportunity just ruins the game, played a random guy the other night and he took a shot as soon as he got in my half, every time!

PU6HY

Distinguished Member
Watching the intros all the way through! Press skip you idiots!!!

I agree with 1,5 and 6. But don't think the others make you a ****. Also the guy who mentioned watching the intro I Flipping hate that and the kick off glitch.

PU6HY

Distinguished Member
I agree with 1,5 and 6. But don't think the others make you a ****. Also the guy who mentioned watching the intro I Flipping hate that and the kick off glitch.

Ping pong. Constant chipping. Massive ****s in my eyes. Press a button as fast as you can going diagonal up and down then constantly doing chipped through balls over and over again does my box in and definitely means I'm playing a ****... or a 10 year old... who is on his way to becoming a FIFA ****! ;)

Geezer69

In game play, whatever style, doesn't necessarily make you a [email protected] - you just have to figure out how to play them. What does make you [email protected] is the watching of the intro's, full replays (including player reactions) and guys who insist on certain kits even though they obviously clash with both of mine!

Oh and a personal gripe is people leaving kinect on. I don't want to hear your terrible taste in music. Nothing worse to find out you're losing to a nipper. The amount of times I have heard them being shouted at by their mums to come down for their tea. Usually just after scoring a lobbed through ball!!

sevenxl77

BPL team, 4-1-2-1-2, Cech in goal, Luiz CB, Navas at RM, Eto'o and Sturridge up front. You can probably guess the rest of the team.

PU6HY

Distinguished Member
In game play, whatever style, doesn't necessarily make you a [email protected] - you just have to figure out how to play them. What does make you [email protected] is the watching of the intro's, full replays (including player reactions) and guys who insist on certain kits even though they obviously clash with both of mine!

Oh and a personal gripe is people leaving kinect on. I don't want to hear your terrible taste in music. Nothing worse to find out you're losing to a nipper. The amount of times I have heard them being shouted at by their mums to come down for their tea. Usually just after scoring a lobbed through ball!!

I didn't say I couldn't figure out how to play against it. It's them doing the same thing over and over that makes them a **** IMO. They are looking for weak spots in the game but are too thick to realise EA fixed these issues a few versions ago. I've played people who have attempted about 30 chipped through balls in a game. Yes, they are ****s for doing it :)

PU6HY

Distinguished Member
And look at that. My first game tonight. About 40 chipped balls!!! And 789mph one touch ping pong pinball passing!!!! Absolute gash of a game. Button mashing rubbish. I have no idea how people enjoy playing the game this way?????

And nobody plays on Manual settings!!!! :(

echoUK

The two things that really wind me up are:

- Constant lobbed through balls, hoping that their player will get in behind my defence. I don't mind people using the lobbed through ball when necessary, but not on every single attack.

- Watching all the intros and replays. If they've just scored a stunner then I don't mind them watching replays, but if they've just scored a scrappy 5-yard tap in and watch all the replays that's annoying.

I can pretty much put up with most of the other things mentioned in this thread, apart from the two above.

Se777eN

Distinguished Member
BPL team, 4-1-2-1-2, Cech in goal, Luiz CB, Navas at RM, Eto'o and Sturridge up front. You can probably guess the rest of the team.

And i just come up against one of them teams got beat 3-2 ping pong passing 1-2's on every pass yawns.

PU6HY

Distinguished Member
After saying I couldn't find any manual games, all I've played is manual last 2 nights. Brilliant games. No ping pong cack. Bliss.

Geezer69

I think "ping pong" passing is a lot down to people using high pressure all the time. There is no time on the ball. I will use a quick 1-2 to get out of a tight position and then run/dribble with ball once in space. I will then have two or three players run towards me (ie: high pressure).

I have come accross a lot of games now where they spray passes from side to side, trying to make space I guess. In the end, there are only so many ways of playing the game.

Boozehound

Banned
How do you induce 'high pressure' for your own team? This is the one thing I really struggle against - when I don't seem to get even half a second to control the ball or play a pass before two or three oppo players close me down. Is there an effective way to counter this style?

Geezer69

when I don't seem to get even half a second to control the ball or play a pass before two or three oppo players close me down. Is there an effective way to counter this style?

Quick 1-2's to a player in space or spread the passes around the pitch. It is hard to play against high pressure and ends up quite frantic. If still no joy, you may have to change the formation. 4-3-3 offers quite a bit width.

Boozehound

Banned
Can I make my team play a high pressure style or is it basically guys who have mastered it themselves?

Geezer69

Yep, try changing the syle of play using the D-Pad. Left goes defensive, right goes attacking. Not too sure but I think if you go either up or down on the D-Pad, you can then select either high pressure, counter attack etc..

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

HiFi Rose announces all-in-one RS520 audio streamer
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
What's new on Netflix (UK) for October 2022
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Starzplay streaming service rebrands as Lionsgate+
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
JVC adds Filmmaker Mode to latest D-ILA projector firmware