• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Signs of an upcoming 1080 projector price drop

Mr_Sukebe

Check this out:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/shop/2116/Home_Theater_Projectors.html/mnp/0.0/mxp/0.0/iso/Y/pn/2

In summary, it's a link to the B&H camera shop, where in the US you can buy a Panny AE2000 for $2700, or a Sanyo Z2000 for just $2500 (with a possible rebate on top). OK, does mean going to the US, paying local taxes (6% IIRC in New York) and the risk of paying import duty.
Having said all of that, those prices are way lower than the UK.

What I remember when buying my existing projector was that the US prices dropped first, and that eventually the UK prices. The inference being that we'll hopefully see UK prices on 1080 projectors below £1500 in the nearish future.

Dr Force

Distinguished Member
would be nice, but I reckon the current crop will not drop in the UK until we se their replacements around next August/Sept.So leading upto these months you may well see the Panny down by £300 or so.

Here's hoping:thumbsup:

Member 55145

Distinguished Member
it would be nice but i dont see it happening.
was the panny much more expensive than that when it came out anyway?

what i really want to know is why has the HD1 disapeared off the "todays offers" at the top of the forums. it was down to 1 offer for the past 2 weeks and now its gone :eek:

is the HD1 being phased out? (does seem a bit silly having both out together IMO, yes i know there is differences but they should of been in the HD1 anyway)

sdb123

Distinguished Member
it would be nice but i dont see it happening.
was the panny much more expensive than that when it came out anyway?

what i really want to know is why has the HD1 disapeared off the "todays offers" at the top of the forums. it was down to 1 offer for the past 2 weeks and now its gone :eek:

is the HD1 being phased out? (does seem a bit silly having both out together IMO, yes i know there is differences but they should of been in the HD1 anyway)

It's not being phased out AFAIK. Just visit the normal AVForums assured advertisers and it's readily available. :)

sdb123

Distinguished Member
where in the US you can buy a Panny AE2000 for $2700

I got a great deal from a UK dealer (repeat business) on my AE2000, a marked reduction on its RRP.

Seriously, make contact with UK dealers, build up a rapport and see what you can get for your money. :)

Member 55145

Distinguished Member
if its £1500 id seriously consider buying it straight away. afterall i have £1500 saved up so far for a hd1 lol im just not convinced on them blacks, but i would prefer the colour accuracy

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom