1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Signs in the Arcade

Discussion in 'Past Entries' started by Matt F, Jun 22, 2005.

1. Matt F

Matt F

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Amazing really, I've got a D70 and a load of lenses but what did I take this shot on this morning? My Sharp mobile phone!!

It's a shot inside The Arcade - an old covered section in part of Bristol's Broadmead shopping area. The signs conform to the same size and background colour and I just noticed a nice perspective of the signs and the arcade itself.

Didn't come out too bad considering what it was taken on. A vertical crop and a tweak to the brightness in Photoshop was all that was required.

EDIT - I've just decided that it works better in black & white :)

Matt.

p.s. I'm off to the Lake District on Saturday so if the winner of this months comp could come up with a water/mountains/landscape type theme for July it would be much appreciated ;)

Attached Files:

2. DJW

DJW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Good shot from a mobile :eek: ...composition works well, although with limitations of photo size the signs are a bit lost in overall shot....or maybe I need to lower my screen res to 800 x 600 ;)