Significant difference between Kef Q95C and 100C?

matblack

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if it is worth upgrading my centre channel :confused:

I am currently using a Q95C between my 103/4s and have Q30s for rears.

The 100C looks the same size as the Q95C and I was wondering if there was much difference sonicly and whether is would give me a better match than the Q95C?

Ideally I would get a 200C but right now unless its £250-300 its just not realistic :(

MB

Absolutely
I was using a Q95c with ref 2.2 fronts.
I was asking exactly the same question some months back.
After questioning other members I thought I would Jump from the Q95c to the 200c but could not find a decent one at a decent price.
I saw a 100c for sale and bought it. I did not expect much difference but was wrong. I thought it was far superior than the Q95c and was very impressed.
Typically I then had the chance to buy a new 200c at a good price (ebay) and so I did.
The 200c is a better centre speaker than the 100c but the the improvement is not so noticeable as that from the Q95c to the 100c.
You can pick up a 100c for around £100 to £120 but make sure it is the later model which is biwireable. Creative audio are currently selling new 200c's at £399.
Get the 100c and you will not regret it.
If you later want to go for the 200c you will probably get your money back on the 100c, I actually made a small profit.

Cheers

Steve

There is not a sonic difference, but the biwire is a lot harder to sell if you upgrade later. Home cinema addicts like the ability to biwire, or more desirable, to bi-amp.

The 100C is one of the all time greats. It is also from the era of your 103.4s.

The difference will be chalk and cheese.

OK I'm convinced now where the heck can I get one :confused:

The 100C and the 200C are like hens teeth

MB

I was watching
You got a real bargain
let us know how you think it performs

It performs great but its going to have to go, because

I found a 200C for .....................................................

£140 Mahahahahahahahahahahah

\o/

I'm over the moon :D

It was a big improvement though definately a lot more detailed and a lot clearer than the Q95C, which is still a great speaker.

A lot has happened since that last post, all the KEF stuff came down to a dedicated AV room in the cellar and I have a new amp Denon 2805 and a PTAE700 projector. The KEFs really hand out the cinema feel and pwn the Cantons that I replaced them with in the front room :)

The 200C will be the crowning glory to the current setup before I start considering a power amp for the Left and Right and an upgrade to more recent Left and Rights like KEF ref model 1 or 2s

MB

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom