Signed out

fliegenaffe

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I've just had something weird happen on Battlefield 3. I was playing a conquest match and my Xbox live connection disconnected. It wouldn't sign back in so I went back to the dashboard and it signed into live automatically. I loaded bf3 and it immediately disconnected (rinse and repeat 3 times). There's nothing wrong with my Internet connection so what could it be? At the moment it won't let me sign back in

your not alone with this issue mate. Im on the new dash. Load up ANY game and it boots me out of live, will only reconnect once i close down and go back to dash

Its happening to me as well was trying to get on mw3 just keeps disconecting says service alert when i tested x box live connection

I didn't have a problem last night getting into or staying in games?

What I did have a problem with is my old lady watching ***** TV until 11pm, so I couldn't get on!! :devil:

What I did have a problem with is my old lady watching ***** TV until 11pm, so I couldn't get on!! :devil:

That's better than having a wife who says 'why don't you go on the XBox while i go and do some work upstairs' only to come down half an hour later for a snack whilst you're half way through a round and expect you to turn it off so she can watch Masterchef!:mad:

Second TV or in my case a third TV and a different room is the answer. My GF gets the main TV and Sky HD to herself so im never bothered :smashin:

I did have the Xbox on my PC monitor and the PS3 on the main TV, just for the occasions when my wife is watching TV. Now she tends to go on her laptop or has a read from about 10 ish, so I've put the Xbox on the main TV as well. I can also keep an eye on our dog while I'm playing.

I did have the Xbox on my PC monitor and the PS3 on the main TV, just for the occasions when my wife is watching TV. Now she tends to go on her laptop or has a read from about 10 ish, so I've put the Xbox on the main TV as well. I can also keep an eye on our dog while I'm playing.

dare i ask what the dog is getting up to Jim? Has alcohol gone missing? Or has he been pulling himself along by his front legs and dragging his hairy ass across the carpet to leave what can only be described as the skid to end all skids? :rotfl:

2nd TV is the answer for me. When we figure out whether we're having a second nipper or not then one bedroom either becomes a nursery or my games room. The plan then (if games room) is to move the current 37" Toshiba up into the games room and buy a nice 46" for the lounge.

I'm booted out to the bedroom to play online, not an ideal situation but since I've been kicked out the bedroom for sleeping it'll have to do lol

dare i ask what the dog is getting up to Jim? Has alcohol gone missing? Or has he been pulling himself along by his front legs and dragging his hairy ass across the carpet to leave what can only be described as the skid to end all skids? :rotfl:

Fortunately he doesn't do that, but we have wooden/tiled flooring downstairs anyway so we wouldn't get much purchase on it.

He's usually asleep by the time I get online but he tends to bark when people go past the house or he might need to go out for a pee or he'll start following one of the cats about - normal dog type stuff.

It connected after the 4th attempt. Good old Microshaft,bring out a dashboard update and ruin everything

Last edited:
2nd TV is the answer for me. When we figure out whether we're having a second nipper or not then one bedroom either becomes a nursery or my games room. The plan then (if games room) is to move the current 37" Toshiba up into the games room and buy a nice 46" for the lounge.

Every chap over 40 requires a "man cave", it's the LAW :thumbsup: In my case it was the dining room which got used one a year at xmas. Nowadays it's mostly populated by a mad 49yo scotsman shouting various profanities at the telly.

leckytech said:
Every chap over 40 requires a "man cave", it's the LAW :thumbsup: In my case it was the dining room which got used one a year at xmas. Nowadays it's mostly populated by a mad 49yo scotsman shouting various profanities at the telly.

I have a man-cave :) - it needs a mini fridge or some optics though.

I'm not quite over 40 yet though, I'm a young 37 (38 in a few weeks). I've negotiated a new telly for my 40th birthday, so am hoping some new technologies will be available by then (big OLED screens etc.). We built an orangery just over year ago and that's now the dining room, but it also has a sofa in so a telly would go nicely in there. The wife hung a picture where I wanted to wall mount it though!

I'm not quite over 40 yet though, I'm a young 37 (38 in a few weeks). I've negotiated a new telly for my 40th birthday, so am hoping some new technologies will be available by then (big OLED screens etc.). We built an orangery just over year ago and that's now the dining room, but it also has a sofa in so a telly would go nicely in there. The wife hung a picture where I wanted to wall mount it though!

You sound like the spitting image of me, 38 last week, wasnt sure what to do with spare room, so filled it with our second child. we have a conservatory on the back of our house, which has now become a lad/dad games room with my xbox in there. its all well and good when the weather is nice, but its bloody freezing at the moment and will get worse. Still, it doesnt deter me from playing bf3 all the time. :smashin:

We've not got any kids and we have a 3 bedroom house so my wife has one spare room for crafts/sewing and we will be doing the other one up as an office room for me - currently just has my desk, PC and photography gear in there (along with some other crap that needs to find a home).

Get one of those oil filled radiators, they do the trick for a nice close-proximity heat.

Get one of those oil filled radiators, they do the trick for a nice close-proximity heat.

there is a heater in there, its just not the greatest at this time of year.
tried to pursuade/bribe the wife into letting me play the xbox in the bedroom, but that didnt work as she wouldnt let me put the 42 inch tv on the new bedroom suite.:thumbsdow

there is a heater in there, its just not the greatest at this time of year.
tried to pursuade/bribe the wife into letting me play the xbox in the bedroom, but that didnt work as she wouldnt let me put the 42 inch tv on the new bedroom suite.:thumbsdow

Bed to the conservatory a no go? Lol

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom