signal strengths?

reevesy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone know what sort of signal strength i can expect from my digi box?
i've been looking at my settings as i can no longer get itv channels, except itv 3 for some strange reason.anyway once in settings/system set up/signal strength i found both strength and quality were registering under half way on the bar indicator.
is this generally the norm or can it be improved on outside of skys control
cheers in advance.

Signal quality is usually more important than signal strength but under 50% on both isn't good news. Assuming that all was well, now isn't, has the dish been knocked off alignment? Is the dish / LNB getting old - water into the LNB?

been working till lateish so i have'nt checked but i did consider a dodgey lnb might be the cause of the cant get itv problem?
dont know about the dish alignment,though this t*** 2 doors down has pigeons (dont get me started!) so one might have had the idea of dossing behind my dish :mad:
would age be a problem?,my dish and box is about 6 or 7 years old....but the missus just piped up that these flying rats have been roosting behind it a lot.
if it is dish alignment, can it be done via the 'shouting a little bit to the left method' or will i need to get a man and his meter?

6 or 7 years old and I would strongly suspect the LNB. If the dish has moved you can get a satellite finder for about £25 and have a go at realigning it yourself - the up and bit down a bit method using the signal strength / quality meters on the Sky box are very unlikely to work. Bite the bullet and get an expert in - his meter will tell you if the LNB is dying or if the dish needs realigning.

thanks for you help piers,
i keep humming and harring as we dont know if we're moving or not (wifes keen as is the norm)
if we do move it'll be sky in wifes name,new customer and new gear please :)
...if not,new quad lnb and a man with a meter.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom