Signal strength check on V+

mike7

Distinguished Member
Is there anyway i can check the incoming signal strength on the V+ box?

Not as far as I know. There are some figures in the 'technical stuff' option via the menu,but I have no idea what they mean. You cannot 'boost' the digital signal by any conventional aerial amplifier. If the signal is unreliable by being low Virgin Media will step it up a notch or two at the distribution point that is applicable to your home.

Last edited:

riche21

So an engineer will come out and check the signal strength?I take it that means a call overseas :boring:

fredtheted

Standard Member
I had problems this week with various channels pixellating etc. I phoned the call centre and got through within a minute to a very helpful guy in Swansea.
He arranged for an engineer to visit the following day and he diagnosed that my signal was too strong. He adjusted this in a matter of minutes and now have a greatly improved picture.
Well done Virgin.

Scanner_Bloke

Novice Member
I'm not an expert on this, but I get the impression that the signal is sent at quite a high level from the street cabinet, and during installation the engineer fits an attenuator behind your set-top box to bring the signal down to an acceptable level.

Presumably the level of attenuation is decided upon by reading the signal strength received at your set-top box, and so I think it's fair to say that one of the baffling figures displayed when you enter the engineering menus must indeed be signal strength !!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom