1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Signal Strength and Quality - SkyDigibox

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by AndyFox, Apr 11, 2002.

1. AndyFox

AndyFox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just got a older Pace SkyDigiBox and a Minidish to replace old Analogue system.

Setup myself and just interested to find out what sort of signal strength and quality I would expect to see in South West Leeds area.

Reading a steading 1/2 way on strength and about 1 block from top on quality.

Put simple meter between LNB and box to ensure at best alignment and that appears to be a top reading with gain at 4-5db - if move up/down or left right signal reduces.

Should I be expecting more or not.

Also noticing that sound has a sort of 'processed'/tinny sound to it when put through the Video, almost an echo and very annoying - any ideas why that might be occuring?

Thanks,
    Andy

2. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    AndyFox,

Not far from you mate, i get about 85%/90% on signal strength and the same on signal quality, when i have spoken to installers they say they don't worry to much about the signal strength, it's the signal quality they look at, thats from them not me.

As for you echo maybe you could give a bit more info on how you have your system connected.

bob

3. AndyFox

AndyFox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers, pic seems fine so wil just live with it unless choose to have system pro installed at another time I guess.

Scart from Digibox to Tosh Video. Scart from Tosh Video to Tosh Tv

AV1 and AV2 on Tosh TV are RGB scarts.

ITVDigi box on AV2

Sound is fine from Video playback or TV watching via Tosh Video

Sound is fine from ITVDigi

Did last night move the Level controls on front of Tosh Video and that MAY have solved it ( has sliders to increase/reduce input levels ) noticed the peak level meters hitting the 'red' end more often than not.

Andy