1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Signal Problems with Pioneer DBRTF100

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by edhg, May 23, 2005.

1. edhg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    I have a rather strange signal problem with my freeview box which doesn't seem to be weather related. At times it is fine and I can receive all the channels (including C5), but most of the time I can only get some of the channels (no C5). However, increasingly I am finding that I am only getting the BBC channels and nothing else.

I can't seem to figure out what is going on. I have taken out cables, moved them around, turned things off etc but to no avail - the channels just won't come back. Given that I can sometimes see all the channels, I don't think it is aerial related. The weird thing is, is that if the hall light (next to the living room) is switched on, or my gf uses her hairdryer, I lose the ability to see the TV channels at all. It's driving me nuts!

My Set up
    I have the digibox plugged into the TV via a qed scart cable and an optical link into my 640RDS yamaha receiver (on which it sits). I also have a Tosh 220 DVD and Sony VHS player, all on top of each other; with KEF 2005 speakers on top of the tv.

If anyone has any idea as to what is causing this, I'd appreciate your thoughts

many thanks