• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

signal problem, which aerial

barryc

Standard Member
hi, i have a pertable dvd player with 10" screen and is able to view digital tv. the problem i have is that I find it hard to get a signal when over my fishing lake.

on one part of the lake the picture is perfect and can get every channel. but on the other side when the trees are quiet dense i cant get any picture/channel. please could you advise on an aerial that will gain a signal. dont wish to spend too much tho.

any help would be much appreciated.

thanks
barryc

Chris Muriel

Distinguished Member
Probably none if the trees are between you and the transmitter; a bit of light foliage would attenuate (lower) the signal quite a lot but heavy tree cover would act like a complete screen.

Chris Muriel, San Jose, California until Thursday then...

Tight Git

Distinguished Member
Welcome to the Forum.

Your only chance is to raise the receiving aerial higher than the offending trees.

Does your boat have a mast on which you could mount it (although it then needs to be kept pointing in the correct direction).

Assuming you can't chop the trees down, I suppose the best (and certainly cheapest) solution is to stay at the "good reception" end of the lake.

Good luck. :smashin:

Last edited:

Gavtech

Administrator
barryc

I have removed your last post because of the unacceptable outburst in response to Tight Git.

I think you have misinterpreted the intent.
His post shows a willingness to dialogue and he does offer some suggestions for your problem.

The perhaps unwise opening comment I took to be a bit of gentle ribbing which is almost a running joke in this section of the forum.
As a new member you were perhaps not to know this.

Misunderstandings are easily done when exchanging remarks, so one should tread carefully and check the intent before 'flying off the handle'.

Normally posts such as yours would result in instant dismissal, but I am giving you the benefit of the doubt on this occasion, but please note that such posting styles will not be tolerated here.

Tight Git should have been wiser than to say this as an opening gambit to a new member.

I will ask him to remove the comment.

Tight Git

Distinguished Member
barryc

I have removed your last post because of the unacceptable outburst in response to Tight Git.

I think you have misinterpreted the intent.
His post shows a willingness to dialogue and he does offer some suggestions for your problem.

The perhaps unwise opening comment I took to be a bit of gentle ribbing which is almost a running joke in this section of the forum.
As a new member you were perhaps not to know this.

Misunderstandings are easily done when exchanging remarks, so one should tread carefully and check the intent before 'flying off the handle'.

Normally posts such as yours would result in instant dismissal, but I am giving you the benefit of the doubt on this occasion, but please note that such posting styles will not be tolerated here.

Tight Git should have been wiser than to say this as an opening gambit to a new member.

I will ask him to remove the comment.

Removed as requested.

My sincere apologies for any offense caused.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom