1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

signal loss on Toshiba rdxs32

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by knotpc, Nov 29, 2004.

1. knotpc

knotpc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I,ve had this recorder for 6 days now, on the face of it I was very pleased until my wife said her recordings from sky (RGB) were not very good.We allready have an old Panasonic E30 dvd recorder and the Toshibas pi :lesson: cture quality is not half as good. After much reading manuals and lead changing. I finally found the problem, it would appear that the RGB input seems to be split either though the HDD, DVD and TV. I don't know if anyone else has this problem. Will phone Toshiba tomorrow in case I have a faulty recorder.When I press the sat mon I then get a complete signal. The signal on recording, be it dvd or hdd seems to have the same effect as having two outputs from one input on a scart box without amplifiers.
    Be grateful to any assistance.

2. KevB_UK

KevB_UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do you have the box setup to do RGB in and out? The recorded content should look the same as the sat moni output, unless your using a really low bitrate.

3. knotpc

knotpc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Sorted, phoned Toshiba I've got a faulty recorder , took it back to Home Cinema Store in Romford with reference no from Toshiba and they exchanged it for another one. New one is fine, thanks to KevB_UK for reply.

4. Monza

Monza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    While reading this topic, I was wondering if the following is normal...:

I've connected my old VCR to the 2nd scart-input. When my Toshiba is in standby-mode and my VCR is playing, then I receive the VCR-signals through my Toshiba-recorder (via the scart of my Toshiba).

I think this is normal, but I'm not sure about it. Personnaly, I find it a little bit strange, but it can be helpful for people who have a lack of scart-connections on their TV...

5. knotpc

knotpc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Talking of Scart connections my hook up is Pioneer DVD player < RGB> Panasonic Sky Box <RGB> Toshiba DVD recorder av2 <RGB> Toshiba TV. Also the Pioneer dvd player <VIDEO sig> Panasonic Video player <copy lead> Toshiba DVD recorder Line input. The rgb sig goes from Pioneer dvd player to Toshiba dvd recorder via the skybox ,but the video signal goes (backfeed) from sky box, pioneer dvd, video to toshiba dvd recorder. DVD recorder goes RGB to TV using only one scart socket. It case this might be useful to anybody.