1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Signal levels for sky+. will hd be thru same dish? satelite?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by GrahameD, Apr 15, 2005.

1. GrahameD

GrahameD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Does anyone know if using an the zone 2 dish in Zone 1 areas actually makes a difference on signal levels?
    Wondering what the increase would be in Hertfordshire?

I have always installed my sky, sky digital and sky+ systems myself, and never had any problems.

a few friends even with sky digital often get poor reception in Rain, and who installed their systems, SKY.

Secondly, when HD comes along will it be throught the same dish and fed from the same birds?

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Well the bigger the dish the more signal you can pull in and in relation to bad weather a 60cm dish could retain a signal that a 45cm dish loses.

However a well installed 45cm minidish should handle virtually everything except extreme weather which we don't really get that often.
    Even a 60cm dish that is poorly aligned, LNB badly positioned, cables and connector poorly mated and sealed will give poor results.
    I would rather have a top class 45cm install than a poor 60cm install:)

SKY HD will be using the same satellites, it should be a simple plug and play installation.
    I expect anyother UK broadcasters that offer a domestic HD service to also use the existing satellites in the two orbital slots that supply use atm.