1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Signal amplifier comparison: Sky+ vs. Telewest vs. Digital Antenna

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by kifimoto, Dec 15, 2003.

1. kifimoto

kifimoto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had a new digital roof top antenna installed last week. I've never had one before because I've always had cable TV in this house.
    Somewhat surprisingly, the picture quality is better from the terrestial channel than from the Telewest cable box on a 43 inch plasma screen.

However, having checked the quality of the picture on a 14" crappy old tele, I can confirm that the PQ is actually very good from the Telewest cable box. Therefore I'm wondering whether there's some kind of loss in quality when the image is blown up because of the telewest box - remember the antenna picture is better than telewest on a 43 inch screen....

Would a freeview box enhance the signal? how about sky+? is it better when it comes to displaying images on a large screen?

One of the weird things I found with the telewest box is that the PQ through the RF output is better than scart because it shows less grains.... I'll try to get some screen shots to illustrate my point....