Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 APO DG Macro Lens

blackbrickblock

Ex Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of getting this lens for my Canon D60, Anyone know where the best price is ? :eek: not to expensive :eek: And any comments on the lens.

Expensive is a relative term;)

It should work ( the Canon fit) and costs about £90 non APO. The better APO version you want costs about £30-40 more (worth it IMO)
It is a budget Zoom which is VFM but will not give costlier faster lenses with IS any bother. At f4 you will need a tripod at the long end and its macro is a 2:1 ( not "true macro") but still capable
A simple search on these forums will give you examples of images taken with it
A recent one
http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=507555&highlight=sigma+70-300

One thing to do is find out if it will work well with a D60.
The "Error 99" lens incompatibility reffered to older sigma lenses with the 300D and 10D ( not newer lenses) but an email enquiry to Sigma would be reassuring
HTH

mine arrived this morning from onestop (linked above) - i must say i was a bit apprehenisive about ordering from China, and i'm not sure the saving in £ was worth the knots in my stomach, but now it's here and everything is fine I think I would do it again.

One stop were very quick and good communication, i paid 114 last week.

N.

There's a s/h one on ebay for £85 which is quite tempting. Item 260108454758. Otherwise my money will go with Onestop. But I'm having a hard time working out where my lens budget should go at the moment.

I'm trying very hard not to buy one and save for the Nikon 70-300VR instead, but at 1/3 of the cost it is tempting. The only problem with the Sigma is that it's soft @300mm unless you stop down a bit, I know that I could not hand hold and that focal length either.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom