• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

/Sigh

So i bought an hdmi to dvi cable for hd gaming/viewing on my ps3, only to come here and found out my HD tv isn't hdmi copy protected :( So i buy a HD component cable for the ps3 off ebay which states it handles upto 1080p.

To my surprise when i turn on the Ps3, the menu is only displayed in something like 570i... So thought ok lets try a movie and when i put in X-men 3, the resolution dropped to 480i.

Both my HD camcorder and xbox 360 work as high definition through these ports, so has anyone any ideas as to what's going wrong this time?

DPT1976

Established Member
Sorry to point out the obvious but you have been into the picture settings and changed them so that your PS3 knows what your TV is capable of displaying?

Moogle

Distinguished Member
Out of interest what TV do you have ? Chances are that unless it is one of the larger more recent HD TV's it probably doesn't support anything higher then 1080i.

breadmaker6

Prominent Member
Sorry to point out the obvious but you have been into the picture settings and changed them so that your PS3 knows what your TV is capable of displaying?

:rotfl:

Off topic slightly but....reminds me of my mate who asked me over to sort out his wireless network as he could get it to work.

When I arrived I noticed his router wasn't plugged in..."Why do I need to plug it in?" he said "it's wireless" :suicide:

Moogle

Distinguished Member
:rotfl:

Off topic slightly but....reminds me of my mate who asked me over to sort out his wireless network as he could get it to work.

When I arrived I noticed his router wasn't plugged in..."Why do I need to plug it in?" he said "it's wireless" :suicide:

LMAO. :rotfl:

Yeah thanks guys, altering the settings worked :) Just never expected to have to alter any settings since i didn't with my camcorder or 360

Yeah thanks guys, altering the settings worked :) Just never expected to have to alter any settings since i didn't with my camcorder or 360

You would have had to change your X360 to output higher than 480p.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom