1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sifo-Dyas

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by NicolasB, Nov 18, 2002.

1. NicolasB

NicolasB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +520
    One thing I still don't quite get about AOTC is the question of Sifo-Dyas. This is the name of the Jedi Master that the clone-makers tell Obi-Wan was responsible for commissioning the clone army. Is he supposed to be the same person as Count Dooku / Darth Tyrranus? If so, why doesn't anyone say "oh look, it's Sifo Dyas, and he's alive" when Dooku shows up?

2. KRRK

KRRK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This character will remain secret until Episode 3, according to the commentary. It would make most sense if it turned out to be Darth Maul, I reckon, but who knows, It could be Qui-Gon or someone?

3. NicolasB

NicolasB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +520
    Neither of those possibilities make any sense, IMO. Sifo-Dyas is referred to several times by other Jedi as a Jedi master who is supposed to have died ten years earlier. In other wordes he was known to all the Jedi at that time. It is, I suppose, possible that someone else impersonating Sifo-Dyas actually spoke to the cloners (possibly after having had the real one rubbed out).

4. KRRK

KRRK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So, it could be Darth Maul, being as he died 'ten years ago', as AOTC takes place ten years after TPM and the Darth Maul's character could have been some other Jedi's alter ego? A stretch, but there ya go.