1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Siemens SL55...

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by captaindobie, May 28, 2003.

1. captaindobie

captaindobie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    ...Is now only days away from being available in the UK.
    I have pre-ordered this handset (Orange). Will let you know what it is like when i get it. Looks (and sounds-according to various reviews) like a cracking phone. When closed (it's a slider you see) it's the same size as a credit card! Anybody else waiting eagerly for this?

2. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
  3. captaindobie

captaindobie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Hi Rct.
    Thanks for the invite. I will go and have a look!
    I have had a couple of Siemens phones over the years, most notably the SL45. Had great fun with this phone (mp3 player and all) but it is beginning to play up a little so i thought i would invest in a new handset. Siemens really do seem to be where it's at. SL55 looks amazing. One of a kind.Severely tempted by the SX1 but couldn't wait that long. (September 03?)
    Also, the xelibri range looks very cool. :smashin:

4. captaindobie

captaindobie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Ok guys. Now have this phone. I did however make a mistake. It is actually smaller than a credit card when closed! (yep - size is most definitely important:blush: )
    First impression - This phone looks incredible. As highlighted above it is tiny (and you thought a Nokia 8310 was small)
    This however is very dangerous 'cause you can't tell if it's in your pocket (very light). SO HOW CAN YOU TELL WHEN YOU HAVE LOST IT! A little worrying.
    The handset looks gorgeous with the outer casing being a nice champagne colour (no orange logo on the casing either!)
    The keypad is hidden away, to be revealed when you slide the phone open (you can even assign sound effects when it opens and closes - i am easily pleased!)
    The keypad is small and those with fat fingers may find it difficult to use (is this a girls phone?)
    Colour screen with 4096 colours. This is not the strongest feature of the phone and i must say it is the only area i am slightly disappointed with. (although it is a big improvement on the s55)
    I have not yet had the chance to take photo's etc so unable to comment on how good these look.
    You can assign loads of different voice commands (as well as voice dialing) . So if you wish to compose a text message for example you can program the handset to recognise the word 'text' (or whatever word you choose) and it will ready the phone for this purpose. Very neat (Ok, not that revolutionary)
    Other features...Address book with the ability to store Names, numbers, email info, addresses, fax numbers etc for each of your contacts.
    Organiser, which includes calendar, appointments,tasks,notes,time zones and even voice dictation
    Games. Tennis (3d) and Rayman golf
    The handset also supports Java which means you can download new games and other applications. Wallpapers,icons, ringtones (polyphonic - there are some nice ones on the phone already) can also be downloaded.
    Set up correctly the phone can send and receive SMS,EMS,MMS email etc.
    All in all this is a very impressive handset.
    Go buy...you know you wan't to...
    :smashin:

5. Kazuya Mishima

Kazuya Mishima

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    What colour(s) are available for this phone in the UK?

Can you get it without a crappy logo (eg orange!) superimposed onto the phone?