• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Siemens oven stuck at 80°C on display

TangoMango

Novice Member
I have a little toddler that decided to press all the button on the oven display the other day and now the Siemens oven won't turn on if you set it above 80°C. On the display it shows 80°C with and arrow going up and if you turn on the oven at more than 80°C it'll beep twice and turn the light off and on again and then repeat indefinately. I called the Siemens support and I guess it wasn't in their manual as they had no clue. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Adrian E

Established Member
Have you tried turning it off at the mains for a few minutes and seeing if that sorts it?

I wonder if it's stuck in some random crockery heating mode (which is about all that low a temp would be useful for)

TangoMango

Novice Member
I did try to take off the power and it should reset it according to the manual but no luck. I can change the temperatures by pressing the +/- buttons but can't set it above 80.

larkone

Distinguished Member
You haven't said what model but some have a factory reset option in the menus

TangoMango

Novice Member
Yes that is the one. It says 80°C on the display and you can set the degrees using the +/- buttons but it won't go above 80 no matter what I do. If I turn the knob above 80°C it will just loop with beeps and won't start heating
IMG_20201008_170002.jpg

larkone

Distinguished Member
Beyond trying leaving it disconnected for 24 hours to try and reset it no idea other than possibly a new control board. Is it still under warranty, if it is don't mention your child's intervention.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom