Sideshow Shipping

dombards

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've now had my second package direct from sideshow and I have to say im very impressed with the time it now takes for them to arrive. :thumbsup:

It used to be when ever I got the dispatch email Id then have to wait until it was sent out from the EU warehouse, this we like a lottery and you couldnt say when it would arrive. :eek:

Now it looks like it takes only 3 days from the time they send you the dispatched email. :clap:

Still no invoice for the VAT and any handling charges so we'll see if I get slapped with that. :rolleyes:

Anyone else had any deliveries?

no.

where's my Venom Sideshow??!

edit: It's at a Fedex depot, I take it back Sideshow ;)

Last edited:
No but Mystique is getting billed tomorrow apparently so by what your saying she'll hopefully be here next week and Elektra shouldn't be too far away either :clap:

should be interesting when the fedex bills start appearing but as its that quick I won't mind paying a little extra if it comes to it, but hopefully not too much

got my first sideshow relted fedex bill today. would have actually worked out cheaper preordering it from Play overall but wouldn't have got it for a few months which wouldn't bother me anyways.

got my first sideshow relted fedex bill today. would have actually worked out cheaper preordering it from Play overall but wouldn't have got it for a few months which wouldn't bother me anyways.

Did you get charge duty or just VAT and their 'handling' fee?

Did you get charge duty or just VAT and their 'handling' fee?

$159.99 item,
$32.24 shipping,
$192.23 total/£121.42, plus £1.25 overseas bank charge

disbursements out of the scope of EU VAT, £21.06
clearance administration charge vatable at 0%, £10,
total fedex fees, £31.06

grand total (inc bank charge)
£153.73.

£149.99 at play, heh.

$159.99 item,
$32.24 shipping,
$192.23 total/£121.42, plus £1.25 overseas bank charge

disbursements out of the scope of EU VAT, £21.06
clearance administration charge vatable at 0%, £10,
total fedex fees, £31.06

grand total (inc bank charge)
£153.73.

£149.99 at play, heh.

so if you take quidco into account at play its around a tenner extra to get it quicker or if you want the exclusive from sideshow...... that's not too bad so could live with that, could have been worse. Although depending what it is I may think about getting the odd piece from fp or play in the future if I don't mind waiting a bit longer if not overly excited about it or no interest in the EX.

cheers for posting that, a bit less apprehensive about the ones I've coming now :smashin:

yeah, play have quidco and sideshow have reward points and gift cards, not that i'm too fussed about them. i'd rather wait longer and get something cheaper, i'm not too often interested in the exclusives so will stick with sideshow for them i think then shop around before my order goes through in case i can get the regular versions cheaper elsewhere.

also, not sure how the charges i quoted may change for more expensive items, if it's on a scale or whatever.

Glad to see its not as bad as first feared for you guys! :thumbsup:

might be a silly question but what's quidco?

I only knew about it a year or so after others were always mentioning it but -
Where Savvy Shoppers Save - Cashback - Quidco

basically sign up with them and when you shop with a shop thats on their site goto to it via quidco (which is the only hassle if you could even call it that) before shopping then complete your order as normal. Its then tracked then a month or two later your get a wee bit of cash back...... % cashback vary depending on site but if you use it often it can soon add up

ps really adds up if can use it for booking holidays, buting insurance etc...... think I got £30 just for changing my broadband connection after linking through it

Last edited:
i've been with them for about 3/4 years now and they have paid me £500 in total

mostly use quidco then go to play.com, e2save etc

Finailly got my fedex invoice through and im very confussed!!! :confused:

I received two, one for the John Connor battle damaged exc and the other for the Venom Comiquette exc.

Here is my confussion

John connor Total inc delivery $219 conversion rate 1.59 = £185
Vat £24.10
fee £10.00

Venom inc delivery $295 conversion rate 1.59 = £138
Vat £9.25 ????? :confused:
Fee £10.00

How have they worked out the vat for the venom? Im not complaining but just wondered?

Reckon that should be £29 they missed the 2 off:thumbsup:
And what about shipping charge mate what was it for each I just got charged $39.90 for a Bowen Hulk.

Reckon that should be £29 they missed the 2 off:thumbsup:
And what about shipping charge mate what was it for each I just got charged $39.90 for a Bowen Hulk.

I hope they do that a lot then :thumbsup:

the shipping charges were $30.54 for the Venom and $25 for John Connor. I dont know how they work them out as venom is reall heavy and a big box compared to Connor that light and a small box :confused:

Finailly got my fedex invoice through and im very confussed!!! :confused:

I received two, one for the John Connor battle damaged exc and the other for the Venom Comiquette exc.

Here is my confussion

John connor Total inc delivery $219 conversion rate 1.59 = £185
Vat £24.10
fee £10.00

Venom inc delivery $295 conversion rate 1.59 = £138
Vat £9.25 ????? :confused:
Fee £10.00

How have they worked out the vat for the venom? Im not complaining but just wondered?

I got my fedex invoice today for Venom, here's what mine said

Venom inc delivery = £186.23
Vat £32.38
Fee £10.00

Total = £228.61

Vat £32.38
Fee £10.00

Total = £228.61

I got the above the wrong way round :rolleyes:

My Venom was £185
VAT £9.25
Fee £10

Total - £204.25

They have screwed up mine but for a change in my favour!!! :clap:

Vat £32.38
Fee £10.00

Total = £228.61

I got the above the wrong way round :rolleyes:

My Venom was £185
VAT £9.25
Fee £10

Total - £204.25

They have screwed up mine but for a change in my favour!!! :clap:

it's £199.99 from play and in stock (apparently) so what you reckon for the price with the new shipping vat and what not?
i've already cancelled one piece today and think i'll cancel another and order it via FP.

edit, regular edition that is from play, not that i'd want that print but some people like the exclusive.

got my first two parcels this week and am very impressed with the speed but the boxes although not too bad, were a bit rougher looking than any I had gotton via the old method..... also they were delivered by 'Countrywide Freight' which caught me by surprise :confused:

done a quick estimate with my current pre-orders and most of them should be working out around a teener dearer from sideshow over current play and FP prices so will be keeping my orders for most of them as I don't mind paying a bit extra for the speed and also the reassurance that I'll definetly get them (also them being exclusives) but will be changing a couple that I'm less eager for to play or FP in the next week or so

i think fedex may subcontract, if that's the right term to other agencies/couriers if they dont have a local depot maybe like other companies do.
i'd rather have cheaper and slower over more expensive and quicker so i need to take a look at work things out. like you say keeping the exclusives is a good idea but otherwise i think getting them from ebay, play, FP or whoever should be cheaper. you'd think buying direct from the supplier would be cheaper though but apparently not.

they must do something like that but I know the general area the Countrywide Freight depot is and I have seen fedex vans delivering not too far away from there.... but not really an issue though, as long as they get delivered in one piece :)

having mentioned exclusives, you'd probably agree that some of them aren't worth it at all..... for example Gandalf PF is one I will deffinetly be switching my order as I think it was around £20 cheaper at play for the reg over the EX from sideshow (before taking into account rewards points) and for me, like Indy last year, Gandalf needs his hat so the reg will be more than fine

absolutely, i've no interest at all in prints and various display objects they sometimes include. i prefer the switch out heads and accessories but even then not always. i love the upcoming rocketeer statue but would never display it with the helmetless head so was only interested in the regular edition. the recent luke one too, not that i'd order it but if i did i'd want the regular edition.
it doesn't always seem to work out cheaper from buying elsewhere in all cases anyways, the PF's seem cheaper via sideshow in some cases even with all the extras. i fancy the count dooku one so unless it turns up cheaper elsewhere will get it from there.

Luke :rotfl: have the ex of it ordered and it would be approx £10-£15 less at FP so it would have been one I would have changed too as I don't think I'll be displaying him with the blaster but I got carried away at the time and used a load of reward points on it :facepalm:

Have only been looking at dioramas, commiquettes and PF's direct now as I think 12" figures have been a no-go price wise direct for a fair while now, even well before the shipping change

I do like most of the prints though

got to be careful how you spend those point!
12" figures unless rare or exclusives do seem to be cheaper and easier to get elsewhere, mainly Asian seller who are happy to mark a low value on the package if you ask them nicely. the few i've used even knock a few dollars off if i buy a couple and you're saving on postage there too.
the prints are nice, i just have prints already i dont want and pile of original comic art i'm not doing anything with so the last thing i want is more of the same or similar.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom