• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sides of image are incorrect in color...help

W

weborific

Hi all. I'm having trouble finding an answer to this problem and I've been looking all over the net. Hopefully someone can help. I own a NEC VT670. I purchased it barely used 2 years ago. At first, one side of the image (we're talking about 4" on a 135" screen) seemed to be tinted green. Last night I replaced my bulb. Powered it up, now I have a red band on the side of the screen. I was extremely careful in dismounting (from the ceiling) and installing the bulb. My guess is that one or more of the 3 lenses are off. The image itself is perfect. There is no mis-alignment of the image itself. So I'm speaking of those 3 adjustable lenses. Can this be the problem? The screws were tight enough that I doubt there was any shift just by replacing the bulb. I included a pic. It also appears theat the left side of the image has the same problem only in green... Any help is greatly appreciated...THANKS!!
Val

Attachments

• redside.jpg
    redside.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 60

martian1

Looks like convergence issues i think it is either that or one of the 3 panels is failing..does it just have a 1 yr warranty. Might be cheaper to get another pj fixing can be a lot more than its worth. :rolleyes:

W

weborific

Thanks for the reply! But if it was a convergence problem, wouldn't I see image offset? The picture is perfect except for the side edges... I can't be the only one with this problem...

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom