Side step (away from OLED), or upgrade even?

willz

Established Member
Reaction score
So I'm looking to try and move away from OLED for the moment.

I have an LG BX, the problem is we've got Virgin Media and use TV a lot more, the GF is on maternity leave and there are quite a few instances of her using live pause or even just keeping the TV on TV Guide or even the small bar at the bottom.

If this continues I'm sure it's going to cause screen burn and I've told her and she keeps doing it.

So I'm wondering if there is a possibility of getting rid of this LG and stepping possibly sidewards (maybe upgrade?) to am QLED or something? I'm aware the blacks won't be anywhere as black but the difference it seems is small?

I know the LG has other useful features like DV, Gsync and 4k 120hz too which I wouldn't mind keeping.

Last edited:
Doesn't have 4k 120?

Sony X90J for 120hz if needed led

samsung for the vrr mate

So I'm looking to try and move away from OLED for the moment.

I have an LG BX, the problem is we've got Virgin Media and use TV a lot more, the GF is on maternity leave and there are quite a few instances of her using live pause or even just keeping the TV on TV Guide or even the small bar at the bottom.

If this continues I'm sure it's going to cause screen burn and I've told her and she keeps doing it.

So I'm wondering if there is a possibility of getting rid of this LG and stepping possibly sidewards (maybe upgrade?) to am QLED or something? I'm aware the blacks won't be anywhere as black but the difference it seems is small?

I know the LG has other useful features like DV, Gsync and 4k 120hz too which I wouldn't mind keeping.
I'd personally just buy an LG G series with the burn in warranty or buy from JL with their burn in warranty tho

the alternatives with ur feature set requested arent that far enough price wise from an oled

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom