Side speakers

Wull

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Having just purchased an Oppo 95 I am considering upgrading my side speakers. At the moment I use definitive BP1X bipolar sides within my Dynaudio speaker set up. So I was wandering what would be, if any a worth while upgrade. I know I should demo, which I will, though it will mean a trip down the M6, so any advice would be welcome.

I like the BP1X's, however I have never heard anything else really to compare them too?

if you only have sides and not rears as well, have you considered demoing tripoles.

they really do help with diffusing the sound all around the rear sound stage and i`d recommend you at least considering them and having a listen

cheers Allan

I am using dynaudio audience 5 for rears. I just wandered if a better side speaker would make much difference. With my htpc asus s/c it seemed to spread the film in 5.1 to the sides and rears. The Oppo appears to stick to using the sides only for 5.1 hence wandering if a 'better?' speaker would improve things??

Also with in mind the possibility of blu ray audio coming as I listen to a lot of music an upgrade may well be worth while?

I have been enjoying my limited collection of dvd audio and sacd since pluging the Oppo into my system :)

yes the oppo`s really are magic (sorry) aren`t they

I also use my HTPC and enjoy bitstreamed HD audio which is then processed using audyssey DSX into monopole direct firing sides and rears but there`s a marked improvement in the spacial envelopment when I swap to tripoles at the sides.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom