sickie from work

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by dazgwinn, Nov 1, 2002.

1. dazgwinn

dazgwinn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    Got a bad head cold so decided to cuddle up to A Thin Red Line, which I have not seen since watching it when it was released. Forgot what a great movie this is, I think that in 5-10 years time this will be viewed as a classic. It was just the job when you need just to put your feet up!Anyone else think it was good and what would be the movie for tomorrow?

2. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Yes, good film.
    My movie for tomorrow ( Saturday ) will be a rental of All About The Benjamins and Panic Room, fingers crossed.

3. Shoka

Shoka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +238
    Both excellent films, good choice. My film for tomorrow is 28 Days later (Cinema)

4. dazgwinn

dazgwinn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    I'm really tempted with Band of Brothers for a right good day off sick!

5. Geezer

Geezer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Saw 28 days tonight, fairly good film, not as good as i thought it would be. But had to sit in a seat right at the front row on the edge, all because the line for hotdogs took twenty minutes, and then had to wait another 20 for them to find more ketchup. So barely saw the film anyway

6. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had Thin Red Line sitting on my "to watch" shelf for a few weeks. Not seen it before so might just give it a view tonight seeing as it's in my head now.

7. James45

James45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    did you watch it then Squirrel? Love the combat scenes but it's too drawn out in places and artist/romantic pretensions were laid on a bit thick for my liking. And a film has to pretty close to perfection to hold my attention for more than three hours.

8. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I didn't watch it no. If I recall, I watched Insomnia instead :)

I'll no doubt get round to it by the w/end. Is it really over 3 hours long? :eek: I'm gonna need a hell of a lot of free evenings at this rate - have Gosford Park to watch as well and that's a long 'un too :rolleyes:

9. James45

James45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    something like 187 minutes long and it feels it in places. What did you think of Insomnia? I think I'll go for the one from DDD with the natty oriental writing on it. I actually found bi-lingual covers I like!!:D :D

10. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I liked Insomnia - first hour is better than second hour though. Also, would've been better if Robin Williams were in it more. I thought Nolan missed a good few tricks with this movie and had some great opportunities to really develop the movie into something great but I can't say how without giving things away so will shut up :) As it stands, it's very good, but not great. BTW, Hilary [email protected] looks gorgeous in it :devil:

I like the extras on the R1 :) Also, no one's confirmed if the R3 is anamorphic yet so you might wanna check that it at least says "widescreen" on the DDDhouse website and not "letterbox" (if the former, it's most probably anamorphic). Good service from DDDhouse though - I like 'em :)