Sick to death of it.

Wahreo

Distinguished Member
When you buy products made in Britain and the quality is dreadful.

Virtually every single product you buy is poor quality.

Its no wonder the Brits dont manufacture much, I would mind lees if the items were cheap but they're not!

I find myself on the phone complaining about the quality/design far too often. I urge others to do the same. We shouldn't have to put up with it.

figoagogo

Distinguished Member
Eggs?

Babies?

- They are fragile.

- Constantly leak.

- Prone to convulsive fluid spirts.

- Programming them to do simple tasks is so drawn out you lose interest very earlier in the development life-cycle.

- Break Easily.

- Iratic volume control levels.

- Have to go everywhere with owner.

- In social gatherings are passed round the group like a joint in a drug den and then everyone fears one of the above will happen when it is their turn to "toke toke pass".

Just phone up the distributor (mother) and hand it back mate.... it is for the best.

:)

Last edited:

robel

Name and shame!!!!

mjn

Distinguished Member
Got quite a few items made here in Britain, no complaints :confused:

FZR400RRSP

Banned
Pretty sure my Vita Audio R2 was made in Britain?
I was led to believe so, anyway, and that was what swung it over a B+W Zeppelin.
It's an outstanding product, better built and sounding than its foreign-made counterparts.

Cue someone shattering my view and telling me that although they're a UK company, the units are made in China.....:facepalm:

blue max

Distinguished Member
Pretty sure my Vita Audio R2 was made in Britain?
I was led to believe so, anyway, and that was what swung it over a B+W Zeppelin.
It's an outstanding product, better built and sounding than its foreign-made counterparts.

Cue someone shattering my view and telling me that although they're a UK company, the units are made in China.....:facepalm:
Maybe 'assembled' in Britain. It's not worth making every single component when they exist cheaply already.

DPinBucks

Distinguished Member
  • JLR, Ford, GM, Nissan, Toyota, Honda, Noble, Morgan, Westfield, Caterham, Rolls Royce;
  • Heals, G Plan, Ercol;
  • Linn;
  • Moulton;
  • JCB;
  • Rolls Royce Aerospace;
  • Sunseeker;
  • Stoves;
  • 3/4 of F1;
  • Harris Tweed;
  • Thorntons, Cadbury, Schweppes;
  • Etc, etc
Plus thousands of smaller high-quality companies

nacmacfeegle

+1 on the KEFS, Have them in two rooms at my house, modern eggs and vintage bookshelf coda 7s, very happy with them.
Also happy with my Musical fidelity amp that was the first proper amp I ever bought back in the 80s and it still sounds great.
I have Acoustic energy active spkrs in the kitchen and they run daily without any stress.
I don't have any Cambridge Audio gear but understand their owners are generally happy with them.

eob

In manufacturing there are three important features.
Quality
Delivered on time
Cost

The money men always strive for the least cost and ultimately quality and delivery always suffer to the dismay of the designer and end user.
I sometimes work in Brazil and over the last couple of years I can see the advance in quality and technology, but as the development starts to increase so will the cost (I've also noticed a big leap forward in safety which also drives up the cost), and someone else will come along who can do it cheaper.
Just as what happened with the UK's manufacturing.

As Dom Jolly proved in his program Made in Britain, you can still purchase quality items made at home, but they are sometimes prohibitively expensive.

Solomon Grundy

Distinguished Member
I don't think the British problem is with what gets built but there is a huge problem in the retail, trades and services industries. If someone can rip you off, they will. Garages, supermarkets, insurance companies, banks, builders, pretty much anything you can think of, if they can extort more money than is necessary people will go above and beyond to get extra cash. It's ridiculous...obviously there are exceptions but not enough to disprove the rule.

KiLLiNG-TiME

Distinguished Member
I thought Kefs were manufactured in China.
Note I said my KEF's !! :D

Some models are still made in the uk like the reference/blades & one other I forget but the rest are not.

Last edited:

Wahreo

Distinguished Member
So the OP says British manufactured products 'suck', but doesn't mention any products. :facepalm:
What prompted me to post was a Simpsons Shower Enclosure that my poor customer had to pay £800 odd for.

Lots of design faults and poor manufacturing.

Much clearer now isn't it?! BTW, shove the face palm back round your face, sideways :p

Last edited:

pragmatic

Distinguished Member
I got some argos flatpack that is made in Britain, its a fair bit more expensive and the quality is no different. I wouldn't have guessed it wasn't made in China if it didn't have it pasted on the box and manual.

Must be the first made in UK think I've bought in a very long time.

Wahreo

Distinguished Member
I was speaking to a guy who used to work for Twyfords Bathrooms. He mentioned that all the Twyfords gear that we get in this country is all seconds, everything else gets exported. Sounds about right with some of the crap I have fitted.

danmc_82

Distinguished Member
Monitor Audio speakers and My Hamlet Stove, British built with no complaints.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 4K OLED TV Review | The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020

Latest News

McIntosh launches MX100 AV processor and MI347 power amp
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung updates and expands access to Samsung TV Plus
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Disney+ UK introduces GroupWatch co-viewing feature
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published