1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sick Rick Flick

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by PaulBoy, Nov 16, 2000.

1. PaulBoy

PaulBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Just received Rick Wakeman Live 2000 discs (DVD & CD in one package - pretty cool?)
    Only one problem the DD5.1 track is missing or corrupt as it will not play on my Pioneer 626 - There is no DD2.0 track listed and the sound on the menu appears to work as do the extra "studio" tracks on the DVD which are in DD2.0
    When I pop Rick in my PC (with DVD) the concert plays fine in what I presume is "downmixed" sound from the DD5.1 track
    This has totally confused me and I would appreciate feedback on what is wrong?
    I presume I need to send the disc back for a replacement?
    Has anyone had this happen B4?
    Is there a way of checking the DVD data on my PC to see if there is a DD5.1 track there?
    TIA - Paul

------------------
    "Hi my names Paul and I'm a dvdaholic ..."

2. jeltz

jeltz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had a similar problem trying to play this disk on my system last week - the processor was unable to lock onto the DD5.1 signal. I took it back to the shop for a replacement in case it was just a bad copy. This had to be ordered and I'm still waiting. It sounds like it's a mastering fault and the whole batch is faulty. Hope this reassures you that it's not just you!!

Roger

3. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    Hi Paul
    My first ever Concert, was Rick Wakeman at the Vic Hall in Hanley Soke on Trent in 1980, it only cost about £3.50 to get in, and the show was great.
    There was this fat guy on vocals, and he sang to nearly every track they did.
    This was back in the days when Rick Wakeman had rearly long hair.
    Is he still making albums?

cheers
    Tim

------------------
    Today is a good day yo die :mad:

4. PaulBoy

PaulBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Tim ... I must admit that I hadnt bought a Wakeman album since 6 Wives but the DVD package above sounded brill (and is from what I have seen - mostly old stuff) Theres just him on stage playing brilliantly as he does ... The disc comes with the concert on a CD as well and cost me a miserly £12.99 from play247 ...
    I have to say the "package" is crap with a really low quality case & absolutely no paperwork - track listing etc ... But if I can get one that works I definately keep it

------------------

5. PaulBoy

PaulBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Jeltz ...
    You really know how to cheer someone up!
    I'm really depressed now as I have been looking forward to getting a "working" copy back from play247 ... I did ask them to check any replacement they send me but from your experience it looks like it could be a long wait ... [​IMG]

------------------

6. jeltz

jeltz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Paul,

Just to cheer you up, I did come across a discussion on this topic on a newsgroup. It suggested phoning The DVD Company about a replacement (01932 572016). I can't vouch for the number but you could give it a try on Monday.

Cheers,
    Roger

------------------
    Power is everything !!

7. jeltz

jeltz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just thought I'd confirm that the second copy that I received suffers exactly the same problem. As Paul says, you do get stereo sound when played in a PC - I hadn't tried this last time. However, my DV717 doesn't want to know. I'll take it back again and let you know if I hear what they are going to do about re-issuing this disk.

------------------

8. PaulBoy

PaulBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Roger ...
    I noticed play247 had "refunded" my account in lieu of the sick rick flick & I rang them to find out why ... apparently all their batch of this disc were duff and suggested if I still wanted it to re-order ... I do & I will (in a week or two - maybe?)

------------------

9. PaulBoy

PaulBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Sorry to dredge this one up again but just in case there are any "fans" out there devoid of a working copy of Ricks Flick the telephone number Jeltz gave above works ...
    I rang them - told them my tale of woe - and today a replacement duly arrived ...
    BTW they never asked for a penny !!! [​IMG]

------------------