1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sick Pixel Plus

Discussion in 'TVs' started by davidgirecourt, Sep 24, 2004.

1. davidgirecourt

davidgirecourt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all

My tv (32 PW 9527) has developped a fault since yesterday. It swiches itself on and off several times per second then the screen goes black and the on/off led flashes red.

You can restart it after a few seconds or a bit longer, by the way could anyone tell me the end of "Doc Martin"?

Thanks in advance

David :rolleyes:

2. scottiefraser

scottiefraser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +178
    David, my 28PW9527 has just gone in the bin for the very same reason. I had it taken to 3 service agents all of which could not fix it. According to the last service agent I used, this is a common fault on these TV's that Philips know about because there is a modification that has been issued to fix this and stop it from happening again. Mine had the mod and lasted 7 days before it went again. Exactly same symptoms as you with the standby light flashing!!!
    Unfortuanately my Tv was even sicker.
    18 weeks and £150 later I gave up after I was told mine had a fault on the main board that had to be fixed and that would have to be sent to York for an estimate. The TV was 18 months old when this happened. I am a lot wiser now as to my rights as a consumer a lot of it to do with this forum. If I had known what I do now earlier I would have fought Philips tooth and nail to get it fixed for free but you live and learn don't you!!!!
    Is yours still under warranty???

3. davidgirecourt

davidgirecourt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mmmmh

Sorry to hear about your tv. Somehow funny enough it had a new tube fitted in November last year 11 months after I bought it. I suppose that the repair has a 1 year warranty "since I got a virtually new tv" but I will have to wait monday when the shop re-open.

Thanks for your input, I will start looking at my consumer rights.

Thanks

David