1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sick Pioneer

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by KAO, Mar 3, 2002.

Tags:
  1. KAO

KAO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Pioneer VSA-E07. Yesterday I came home from work, switched it on via the remote (I leave it in standby mode) and there was a sharp, but not overly loud, cracking sound. Now there is still sound from all channels, but all channels have a very distracting crackling noise in the background, sometimes louder than the signal itself.

Is this the amp, or have I blown all my speakers (I don't have access to another amp or speakers right now so I can't eliminate either).

Any suggestions? Of course, it's out of warranty now :(

2. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Unlikely that all speakers are blown though I won't exclude that possibility totally.

Are you handy with a screwdriver and dare to open the cover (disconnect AC first!)?
    Check if there is a loose screw holding down the PCB, had a stereo amp which did a similar thing due to a loose screw which connected the PCB to the ground.
    After a few month the screw loosen itself and the problem cam back, tightened it and put some glue on it - solved for good.

If you don't think you want to do this narrow down the problem and get a repair shop to check it out.

3. KAO

KAO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Reiner, thanks for the suggestion. I think I'll give that a go...