Sick Pay

davidjohnson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello

Pair of scroungers here :clap:

My wife does not get paid by her work when she is off sick. We have just found out she needs an operation and will have to take around three weeks off. Does she have any entitlement to anything?

Thanks

Well SSP is the minimum which is about £90 a week.

Is she on a zero hours contract? If so I wonder whether they makes a difference.

Just looked it up - no it doesn’t as long as she earns an average £116 per week gross.

Cheers,

Nigel

Might be too late for this time, but you could take out income protection insurance if she needs to take time off sick in the future?

Best of luck with the "income protection insurance" if it is found it is a condition that someone had before buying the insurance. Any reason not to pay they will find it

Best of luck with the "income protection insurance" if it is found it is a condition that someone had before buying the insurance. Any reason not to pay they will find it
And some providers have a clause that they won't entertain any chaims for the first two years.

And some providers have a clause that they won't entertain any chaims for the first two years.

Well since the reason most insurance C.o's exist is to make money not give a public service I guess they would.

Lets hope thing here do not go like the USA, I remember seeing a Tv doc about a couple who gave birth to a child in the US with a disability since the disability was present from birth the couples heath insurance would not cover the costs of the disability - Nice still that is capitalism for you wealth for the few !!

Well since the reason most insurance C.o's exist is to make money not give a public service I guess they would.

Lets hope thing here do not go like the USA, I remember seeing a Tv doc about a couple who gave birth to a child in the US with a disability since the disability was present from birth the couples heath insurance would not cover the costs of the disability - Nice still that is capitalism for you wealth for the few !!
I belonged to a cancer Facebook group and the horror stories I read of people being denied treatment because the insurance companies would not pay for it and something I find incomprehensible is that list prices for U.S. drugs are generally the highest among all developed countries. Not a place to be seriously ill even with insurance.

Is she on a zero hours contract? If so I wonder whether they makes a difference.

Just looked it up - no it doesn’t as long as she earns an average £116 per week gross.

Cheers,

Nigel
If she doesn't earn the average she can claim for income support but she will need to fill out a SSP1 with a sick note, original not copy.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom