1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sick of O2

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by davescot, Dec 25, 2003.

1. davescot

davescot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi ppl. I'm fed up with o2 and I don't know what to do. 1. their website is crap, most of the time it is unresponsive and extremely slow. 2 their e-mail service on wap and the website rarely works with frequent gateway errors and response unknown when using wap, its been like this for nearly a year now and I've also sent 2 MMS from the website costing 40p each only for them to never arrive at their destination. Sending MMS from Mobile 2 mobile is just as bad with most MMS's never arriving, its not just me thats having these probs, its nationwide, but I have e-mailed o2 dozens of times and never got a reply. I was shocked to see What Cellphone nominated them Network of the year, Whats that all about? their service is appalling! They should have been nominated for WORST network of the year. O2 don't seem to care about their customers!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

2. shodan

shodan
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,215
    Maybe the other networks are worse?

O2 are a load of crap to be honest but I have a Genie SIM card on an O2 network and anytime I've needed to speak to a customer diservice person it has cost me about a million pounds in a phone bill for them to say, I'm sorry sir but you need to speak to Genie as they supplied the SIM card. There is no number to speak to Genie as it is all online and never any replies to e-mail....

3. davescot

davescot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The number to call Genie is 5151 from ur mobile but be warned this costs 50p per minute!! I think o2 dont want customers calling them or e-mailing them, probably costs them too much money to run their customer care services, so they'd rather have them shut down, but if their network wasn't so crap and full of problems then people would't need to call customer care! Some people may be reading this and wondering why I just don't change networks thing is I shouldn't have to. I hope What Cellphone magazine are taking note!!

4. philst68i

philst68i

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Have to agree, kids have been o o2/genie before and sick and tired of problems and ,mostly, the 50p per minute customer services.
    Just taken out a o2 contract, but no way will I use it. Got a free Sony Ericsson P900, first 3 months £45, change tariff for the other 9months to £15 per month = £270 for a phone that retails around the £500 mark. Popped in my vodafone sim, altered the message/GPRS/internet settings via the Sony ericsson website and it works a treat.

Stuff o2, nice cheap phone :)

5. PabloCreep

PabloCreep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been with them over two years now (I think). I'm on the genie plan, with 600 free texts a month. One month they billed me for 120 texts or something, when I knew I'd sent loads more than that, but I said nothing figuring it would be rectified on the next bill. The next bill came, and quoted 860 texts(!!), which resulted in me being overcharged £26. I didn't have this money in my bank, and as a result was charged £30 (damn Halifax - changed banks since then!!).

I tried emailing, no reply. I tried calling a few times, and was fobbed off with "that's what you sent this month... you'll have to pay the bill." Eventually got through to one guy in their billing department, and he fixed everything in two minutes, and debited the overcharged amount. I still didn't get any compensation for the £30 bank charge though.

Had a couple of problems since then, and I have to say their customer support is absolutely appalling. What Cellphone network of the year?? That's laughable!

6. fraggle

fraggle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Ever tried Vodafones CS? Makes O2s look wonderful.

Took me 2 MONTHS to get a PAC code to transfer my number to O2, after being given the runaround between the Vodafone shop, the CS phone service, the CS service number on my mobile bill, writing to them, emailing them loads.

Compare that to O2 where I emailed them twice and after a while (week) I got reply apologising for slow response (they said they were reorganising) and replied telling me what I wanted to know. Also phoned O2s CS, got through quickly and the person I spoke to knew what I was talking about and helped me.

O2 isn't as bad as you think (or rather the others are *unbelievably* bad!!!)

7. ytgti

ytgti
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I think O2's spot on! Who else gives you 500 free txts, 500 Xnet calls and 125 MMS for £25 a month? No one

I started of as Genie and just change to O2 and hadn't had a problem. Every MMS ive sent they've all been received, its maybe cos theres that many people sending the at the same time it proberly crashes i don't know. But IMO there spot on, i'll never go with anyone else.

8. wiideboy

wiideboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ytgti

Where would I go to obtain such a great deal on O2? Sounds too good to be true... although I'm hoping it isn't.

Looking forward to your reply.

9. ytgti

ytgti
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    HERE! Online Off peak is what you want. You might pay a bit more for the phone with O2 but with all those TXTs and calls who cares.:smashin: