Sick Grundig Digibox and £60 call out charge

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by alan, Apr 21, 2002.

1. alan

alan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ive just been to have a look at my sisters sick grundig....it was making a strange whining noise for about a week,she called the good poeple at sky who advised changing the scart leads which I did this morning.
    From that point on it went down hill.....the picture kept breaking up and the set kept switching itself into stand by.....it seemed to me the mains supply was being interupted.......any one got any ideas what this may be?

Also i read in another post if your digibox is out of warrenty sky will come out and either fix the set or replace with a refurbished box all within the 60 quid call out fee....can anyone confirm this?
    I would have thought they would charge the 60 and then the cost of a new box on top of that/
    Thanks for your help.

2. gges

gges

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For Sky's £60 fee you will get a s/h rcvr with a 3 month g'tee. A decent local repairer should be able to repair this common fault for around the same amount. My company repair them, same day with a 12 month g'tee. Phone around to see if anyone can offer similar service locally.

Good luck.

Rgds, GGES.

3. GalaxiaN

GalaxiaN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can confirm that the £60 gets you a replacement digibox. However I would get the unit repaired yourself if you can.

My Pace digibox which I've had for 2 1/2 years finally packed up at the end of March. After paying Sky £60 thinking I'd get a newer box for a bargain price, I've had 3 replacements in 3 weeks. Each unit has had a different fault and stopped working within 30 minutes of the engineer installing it.

Got another engineer coming out Saturday to replace the unit yet again. Looks like someones not doing a very good job of refurbishing these.

Haven't been able to watch Sky for almost 4 weeks :(