1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sick animation series gets PG from BBFC!

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by PoochJD, May 24, 2001.

1. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi All,

On Monday 21st May 2001, Warner Vision International released to DVD, one of the sickest, most gut-wrenchingly bizarre animated series ever seen in the Western world. The DVD is entitled "Gogs: The Complete Collection", and is a little-seen Welsh series, that deserves to be seen by any fan of either The Flintstones, Wallace & Gromit, Bottom, or South Park! And to make certain that it gets the widest audience possible, the BBFC have given it an uncut PG certificate, despite its content!

Available at larger DVD stockists, I seriously recommend this DVD as one for everyone to watch, especially animation fans!

This 88 minute DVD follows the Gogs: a disjointed cave-stone family with but one brain-cell between them, on their surreal adventures as they fight for Survival Of The Thickest! Watch them discover food, fire and flying, but not necessarily in that order.

The series was made in 3 parts originally, and all have been aired on BBC2 over the past three years. (The first series came out in 1996!) All are cruel, vicious, sick and depraved, but don't let that put you off!

Created for S4C in Wales, and made by two Welsh animators at the Aardman Studios in Bristol, home to our own home-grown Nick Park (creator of Wallace & Gromit, et al!), these animated stories have rarely been seen, and have now been given a decent DVD to showcase them in the best possible light!

You will never have laughed so much in your life, until you watch these shorts! All episodes last approximately 10 minutes! Trust me on this one, and get this DVD now!

Pooch

Addendum: (The three series, Gogs, Gogs 2, and Gogs: Gogwana, are also still available on video as well, priced at £9-99 each.)

2. Confucius

Confucius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    Got Gogs!

I concur (almost) completely: I'd hesitate to describe them as "cruel, vicious, sick and depraved", just a bloody good laugh. :D :D :D :D :D (that's 5/5 on the 'smileometer').

[ 25-05-2001: Message edited by: Confucius ]

3. Black 5

Black 5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Pooch,

Do you know where I can get this online?

4. European

European

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. Confucius

Confucius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    Everyone has their 'favorite' supplier of course, I know where I would get mine ;)

Play247: £14.99

Bensons: £15.99

Blackstar: £18.59

DVD Street: £18.99

Amazon: £18.99 + P&P

[ 25-05-2001: Message edited by: Confucius ]

6. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Confuscious,

The reason I "tagged" this excellent animated DVD, is because I wanted people to see what I had written - a kind of enticement, of sorts.

Anyway, at least I know I'm not the only one who's got a twisted sense of humour! ;)

Pooch

7. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,111
    There was a spate of animations with this type of humour around '93 ,94 ( which is when I first saw Gogs at the animation festival in Cardiff)

Can't say I was all that amused by it as every other animation that year seemed to take the same tack (crapstone villas for example) personally think they substituted gross out humour for inventiveness. I can understand why students might like it though.
    Give me Rex the Runt any day.

8. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Ah, Mr D.,

Another excellent series! "Rex The Runt" should also be given a complete DVD release as well! And that show, ran to about 135 minutes, when you ran all 13 episodes together!

However, "Gogs" is still funny, as are all of the Aardman animation films and shows!

Pooch

9. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,111
    Seem to remember something posted regarding this happening. Something along the lines of voting on the Aardman website for it

10. Black 5

Black 5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Pooch,

Gogs arrived today - played it, loved it, wet myself...ooops

11. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Black 5,

Glad to here you liked it so much! Can I also recommend that you get hold of the "Aardman Collection", which is a compilation DVD of loads of different Aardman short animated films, including Creature Comforts and Sledgehammer (the music video by Peter Gabriel)! You'd love that too... especially "Pib and Pob"!

Pooch