Sicily advice

Philly112

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

Has anyone been to Sicily? We were going to go to Sorrento next year, but having already been there, we were just thinking about Sicily.
We'd prefer something like Sorrento 'busy', or possibly a bit quieter. But nothing completely dead, and nothing too raucous. So a bit of life, but nice and pretty.

Many thanks
Phil

I love Sorrento and have been 4 times.

Also been to Sicily and it was dead. So quiet. Absolutely nothing to do.

Sorry I can't recommend anywhere lively!

Thanks for the reply. Where did you go to in Sicily? We haven't yet decided to go (but we are definitely not going to Sorrento). My wife's boss raves about Taormina in Sicily. I have read up on it and it looks very busy to me. I suppose it all depends on what 'busy' means, but it doesn't seem to meet your description of 'dead'!
There seem to be quite a few things to do to me; we will have a car for a few days.
Maybe you went somewhere else on the island?

Cheers
Phil

we had a week in taormina, stayed in the san domenico palace, best weeks holiday i have ever had, that hotel is amazing, taormina is lovely and not to busy, there is of course the passeggiata in the evenings to its fairly busy with locals but you do get to see the local maffia dons taking in the evening air, something to behold as the local fawn in there wake, i kid you not, loved it there and we will go back one day.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom